1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Y'all in Hickory

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by realtyczar, Sep 7, 2004.

1. realtyczar

realtyczar Full Access Member

Hulkie & FP. you might want to check this out some time. It might be a hike from Lenoir. One of my friends brought this to my attention:

If you are ever in Hickory, check out a restaurant called Godfrey's. While the lines are long at other restaurants with one and two hour waits, you can walk right in to Godfrey's and IMO it is the best restaurant in town. It is in an odd location on hwy 70 in the same shopping center where Barnes & Noble is near the I-40 exit 126. Once in the shopping center parking area, you have to drive up to the end of it to find Godfrey's with it's angular front facing away from an easy view. I suspect that business is slow there because of it's location. The atmosphere, food, and prices are excellent. They lean toward a New Orleans style of food and background music. I need more people to eat there to ensure they stay in business, but not so many that it gets crowded. Check it out and spread the word to select friends and family.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Is that the old fondue restaurant?