1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WVU visits Greenville

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LRBaseballer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I agree and am actually OK with that. I just want football.

Heck of a win by the Pirates. Gald the storm got out of the way. ECU in a #14.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, I can understand that. I was a vagrant in undergrad and finished up at UNCC, so they're one of the three million schools I pull for, and it would be neat if they had a D-II football program. It doesn't have to be about making a major conference, it's just about giving the campus a different feel in the fall.
    The way Hanna came through Saturday morning, the bands basically missed Greenville and all dumped on Raleigh, so I guess that was fortunate since the streets here take days to drain. And as for the ranking, now comes the hard part. As long as the Pirates win 8 of the remaining 10 it will be considered a very successful season, but while they'll be favored for all ten, winning them will be difficult. Having Pinkney raises their chances dramatically because he's just so poised and makes good decisions with the football, but the rest of the guys have to cut out those dumb mistakes of the first two weeks.

3. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Most definitely but only if Div 1 or whatever they call it now. Start slow and move up. I would get back to campus more even if I knew we'd get blitzed by 50 against someone like UVA. :rockon2:

The Pirates will not sneak up on anyone else and now have the bulls eye on them with regards to what's left on the schedule. They get State in Raleigh in two weeks. Should be fun for the fans.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

State is awful, so that will be incredibly embarrassing if they even make it a game, but it is a big rivalry so who knows.

5. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

35-14 Pirates

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

And?

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

good to go.

although i did hear of some kids being roughed up by the police that day. i think it was on the news.

8. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

That game looked Like ECU was just the better team. The Pirates dominated WVU in every aspect of the game. Whenever you can hold a WVU offense to a field goal in 4 quarters is rediculous.

Attached Files:

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Only for ecu folks....

Unfortunately, I can't disagree with that...unless there's a big change in offensive performance, State's defense will be spent by the middle of the third quarter like it was in the game with South Carolina. I hate the fact that I think this game will be u-g-l-y.........

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

If you say so.