1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WVU visits Greenville

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LRBaseballer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I think ECU could become a full time member (eventually, the BIG EAST will have to improve their football conference and a a good solid team to its roster). UNCC Chances? Hey, were in a large TV market . . . Why not ? ? ?

2. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Soooooooooooooooo, which ACC team is based in the Greenville-Washington-New Bern market ? ? ?

Hoops wise? Yesssss, ECU is not great, but Miami & VT in hoops aren't that great neither to a certain degree . . Was this an impedement to them joining the ACC ? ? ?

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

You're not understanding me. To join the ACC, a team needs to be at least decent in basketball. ECU's win against State last year notwithstanding, they're terrible.

That said, I revise my earlier statement regarding ECU and their chances of being better than any football team in the ACC. They might not win the conference if they were in the ACC, but they'd certainly have to be the favorite right now. Very, very impressive showing from Skip's boys. I just hope they hang on in the second half.

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

ASS WHOOPIN"!

:189:

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Total domination. But having plenty of experience pulling for the Pirates, my mind keeps warning me that ECU always plays better as underdogs than favorites. Keeping their focus and effort going against the teams they should beat is going to be tough, but tonight this is awesome.

6. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

Great win for the Pirates. Greenville must be nuts right now! I type this as i'm wearing my ECU t shirt. (I was affiliated with the university for 3 years and lived in that hell hole, thanks for being AWFUL while I was there. John Thompson really had that program fucked for a minute).

I'm still waiting for an explanation of the moronic "win with his own players" argument...

7. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Congrats to ECU today on a big win. That's two straight weeks of great football with Pinkney playing solid and the defense stepping it up.

8. Village Idiot

lou holtz actually alluded to that, after the game. "they must now learn how to win championships", he said of his son and his new found success with this team and school, who is so used to being an also ran. they wont be sneaking up on anybody. they are now the hunted. fuck, thats weird to say.

we watched the kids spill onto the field after the game and saw our son among the crowd in one of the later shots. i hit him on his nextel but his response was muffled by the noise down there. he called later and said the party was picking up steam. i told him not to end up in jail. lol

9. Village Idiot

yes it was

10. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Why the heck would ECU want to be in that God awful football conference? :scared: