1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wonder what kinda shit storm Joey Porter has started?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jan 16, 2006.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'
    ESPN.com news services

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is not known to shy away from a microphone, and that might make him a little lighter in the wallet after his comments after Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter told The New York Times. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Porter said he was relieved in more ways than one when Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal try with 21 seconds left that would have tied the score.

"The way the refs were going, I wouldn't have trusted them in overtime," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "If we hadn't won, they would have cheated us in overtime."

2. Scottie_Pimpin

Scottie_Pimpin Unregistered user

I actually agree with some of his comments.

That interception that was overturned was an interception no matter how you look at it.

3. twentybelow0

twentybelow0 Full Access Member

He'll get fined 6-7 months worth of my salary and they still won't admit that the ref screwed the pooch.

4. crazydave

crazydave Chunka Burnin Love

How about the "non penalty" where the entire colts D line was on top of Ben before the ball snapped? It was either offsides or it was a false start. I just don't get it. There was a lot of bad calls this week. Period.

5. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I can't wait to hear Mike Pariera's (or how ever you spell his name!) explanations on Total Access this week on his refs' fuck-ups this weekend.

6. madmike

madmike I Like Mexician Beer!

What screw ups. Those guys always make the correct call. Who wants to bet the Seahawks get their fair share of gimme calls this weekend. Not sure who the league wants in the AFC yet.

7. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

I'm not sure whether it's league preference or personal preference for those refs. Porter has just made that a non choice tho. They probably would now love to throw the flag on his ass.

I still think PO officiating is better than regular season O, less flags in general.

8. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

I hope he knows he just handed denver the AFC title. They'll make up more rules to fuck them over if they have to..like the Brady only tuck rule shit.

9. Willy

Willy Full Access Member

One of the worst calls I've seen in a loooong time.

10. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

The tuck rule was around before Brady entered the league.