1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Will John Bunting be fired after this year?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by SilverSurfer, Nov 2, 2002.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I'd say it was a possibility. I did not see the game today, but the Holes have scored 7 points in 2 games against Wake and Maryland.

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

Oh - and outscored 90-7.

3. VOR

VOR Guest

Probably he gets one more year. Gerry Faust got three and Bunting bleeds blue.

4. bunting shoud be fired i belive the key game for is the Duke game if unc can win he will stayd if not ithinks he very well wouid be fired

5. mramailman

mramailman Guest

IMO he won't be. This is still mostly an inherited team that he is coaching and don't forget he's an alumnus. He'll get another year and IMO another after next if next year is a 5 or more win season.

I keep hearing Woody say that we're having a top 10 recruiting class but how the hell is that possible since we are sucking major ass this year?

Another thing if we do have this "top 10" class most won't pay off until 2004.... which by the above statement would be put up or shut up for Bunting.

6. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

No way he gets fired. What other HC would even think of coming to UNC after a HC was fired after just 2 years? Got to give him 4 years. UNC's def has lost what 7 players to injury this year? and lost 8 (?) last year? I'm not sure any team can handle that and be competitive. Don't have any excuse for that pathetic offense though.

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Hell no he won't be fired.

I am pissed that this year's team appears to have quit already.
    They will not win another game this year. I wouldn't be surprised if dook doesn't crush them.

But Bunting needs to get a chance to get his own players in here.

The defensive losses from last year ( 2 top FIVE picks) plus now all the injuries has really stuck him with no D.

losing Durant didn't help much either. I still think Bunting is a good coach and will turn the program around eventually.

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Guest

wossa. ya must be another company man just towing the line.

9. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

:rolleyes: no. I just don't think you fire a guy after he takes a team expected to roll over to a bowl victory when he has one bad season.

Have to at least give the guy a fucking chance.

:rolleyes:

10. WYDD

WYDD Guest

wow, you carolina guys are universal in your excuses now. Every damn coach needs "his" players. What about women's lacrosse, tell me about unc's women's lacrosse.