1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's the best in nation ???

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Cool, so now you're back to acknowledging that I didn't say that. Honestly, I can't even keep with what you're saying at any particularly time. I guess it is a pretty clever strategy to say one thing and then the opposite a few posts later because it thoroughly confuses the people you're arguing against.

You said, "So now that MTSU game falls into the big game category? Um, no." You did accuse me of claiming that it was a "big game," which was a lie on your part.
    I get it. Because you actually have lied and I called you on it, you're trying to level the playing field by claiming that I'm lying too. Awesome. The only problem is that I'm still using the same list of "big games" that I did at the very beginning of this argument. I haven't changed anything at all, you're just trying to make the best of a bad situation by distracting people from the fact that you were proven wrong about numerous claims.
    You're trying to twist it that way because you're embarrassed about losing this argument so badly and you're wanting to distract from that. I never said that MTSU vs. LSU was a big game. You're playing games with the word "solid" when I never intended to give any impression that MTSU qualified as a "big game." You know that, you're just playing games because you're angry.
    I haven't changed mine at all. I've said the same things over and over and over again, but you can never seem to get it because you choose not to since my points proved you wrong. Meanwhile you go from saying that you didn't claim I had MTSU as a big game to saying that I did and back again like four times now. And you've also gone from saying that a playoff would increase the chances of scheduling tough opponents to saying you didn't make that claim to then saying that you did. You flip-flop like Kerry on speed.
    I already told you that I didn't use any of the polls.

"I specifically said, "the type of teams that would qualify as 'others receiving votes'," not that they did receive votes. I had no idea which ones did or didn't because I didn't look at that. I simply follow college football enough to know which teams are good and which ones aren't. I made my list in the beginning and continue to stand by it because it proved you wrong."
    Yeah, I figured. Too bad.

And just so you don't forget, you were wrong when you said:
    • "There are currently on a few big games on any football schedule - the rest is just filler."
    • "aside from established rivalries, there are almost no intra-sectional games in football anymore."
    • "LSU or Louisville v. MTSU is a big matchup – at least as defined by you."
    • "I think that a playoff system would actually enhance the regular season"

2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I nominate this for the stupidest thread running on the internet this week.

Somebody PM me when either Collin or VP actually prove something.

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I never said that you said that. I said that it was a big game as defined by you. You just continue to lie about it because you can't acknowledge your mistake.

It can't be a lie becasue I have never accused you of saying it. In fact, I SPECIFICALLY asked you to quote me where I said that and you could not do it. And now, you continue to lie about the entire thing because you can't own up to your mistakes.

Here is what I had to say on the subject. You are familiar with what the word ergo means, are you not?

I am calling you a liar because you are so quite obviously lying. It's not like the whole exchange is not there for everyone to see. You changed your definition of big game when your logic was exposed. It wouldn't have been a big deal if you just admitted it and continued on. Instead, you spend pages arguing that you did not say this:

Answer the question, Collin – did you write that or not? It really isn’t a hard thing to answer.

You quite obviously did change it – the posts are there for all to see. But, regarding your original list, you still haven’t told me what polls you used for it, and as demonstrated, there were a good number of teams that do not fit your latest criteria.

That’s some funny shit right there. You are the one throwing insults, doing your best imitation of a four year old having a temper tantrum, and offering to pay me to fight you, and you accuse ME of being angry? You are beyond delusional.

I’ve already posted it enough that everyone can see that you are changing your arguments as your underlying “facts” get shot down. .

You’re correct – I must have missed that. My mistake.

Call me crazy, but I would think that the types of teams that would qualify as others receiving votes actually would have received some votes. Regardless, that brings us back to this point I made early on in this cluster fuck.

And this:

The schedules of the preseason top 10 backs me up, champ.

Already discussed and clarified. Of course, you knew very well what I meant.

As shown – repeatedly, it is not even remotely arguable that your logic defined this game as such.

Here is the full quote of what I said:

You left out the first part of the sentence, which clearly establishes the need of an SOS component as part of the equation. The removal of this phrase is, at the very least intellectually dishonest, and at its worse would be knowingly posting something that you know is not true in order to win debate points, which is something I thought you said you had ceased to do.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

And now you're back to admitting I didn't say after saying that I said it, then saying I didn't say it, then saying I said it again.
    What mistake? I don't even know what or why you're arguing anymore. It's clearly not to make any sort of point, since you change what you're saying with every post.
    Actually I did quote you saying it.
    I understand why you make these accusations, I really do. When you've been caught lying, it helps to lessen the impact of that by accusing the other person of lying too. Eventually people just tune out to any such claims and you get away with your lies. It's not a bad strategy, really, but ultimately you know that you're so pathetic that you actually do lie just to avoid admitting that you're wrong about something in internet arguments and you have to live with that.
    Yes, do you? It means "therefore." So "Therefore, LSU or Louisville v. MTSU is a big matchup – at least as defined by you" is accusing me of saying that it was a big matchup. And why do you keep pretending that you didn't say it, then say I did say it, then say I didn't? On the posts where you decide that I didn't say it, why are you talking about it at all then?
    Except that I didn't, but as stated above, I understand that someone like you who actually did lie would understandably want to dilute the significance of that accusation.
    I never changed it. I stand by the same list of games that I posted on page 3. Why would I need to change it when you're the one who was humiliated by your idiotic comments and complete ignorance of all things college football? You were wrong about schedules being "just filler" aside from a few games, and you were wrong about "almost nil" inter-conference games. You're the one who has been changing your position with almost every post because you've been so pathetically wrong.
    I already answered it twice, dumbass. Yes, obviously I wrote that, and no I absolutely never said that MTSU was any sort of big game. I only brought up MTSU because you were talking about schedules being filler and I was pointing out that someone like you would be too dumb to know that MTSU wasn't just a cupcake or filler. I absolutely never said that MTSU was a big game. In fact,

RIGHT HERE YOU ARE AGAIN ACCUSING ME OF SAYING THAT MTSU WAS A BIG GAME WHEN YOU JUST GOT THROUGH CLAIMING THAT YOU NEVER MADE THAT ACCUSATION.

I really wish you'd take me up on that offer to let me beat the living shit out of you for a little bit of cash. God knows that you need your face beaten into an unrecognizable pulp.
    Except that I didn't.
    This will be the THIRD FUCKING TIME I have posted this:

I DIDN'T USE ANY OF THE POLLS YOU FUCKING MORON. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OR DO YOU NEED TO KEEP ASKING THE SAME GOD DAMN QUESTION EVEN THOUGH I'VE ANSWERED IT THREE FUCKING TIMES? ARE YOU THAT FUCKING RETARDED?
    Oh, I'm beyond angry, which is the whole point of my statements. I don't make idle threats, and I would definitely pay a respectable sum for the chance to beat you into unconsciousness. Hell, maybe you'd win, who knows? I just know that you are in desperate need of an ass-kicking.
    Except that I didn't.
    No, they don't. NONE of those teams have a schedule that is mostly filler. NONE.
    Yes, I do. You meant that they weren't being played, which is what I proved you wrong about. All the nonsense to this point has been about you not wanting to admit that you were wrong, even though you know that you're absolutely clueless when it comes to college football. You know nothing and yet you still argue incessantly, just like S_Nut. You guys are exactly alike.
    And now you're back to claiming that I said it after previously insisting that you never claimed that I said it. No, dipshit, you're getting confused over the word "solid." I obviously never intended to give any impression whatsoever that MTSU vs. anyone was a "big game." You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it, which is why you're too embarrassed to admit that you're accusing me of saying it even while continuing to accuse me of doing so.
    Including a strength of schedule component would not significantly change the situation. You would still have FEWER top non-conference match-ups rather than more, because there would be more spots for teams to claim and therefore they wouldn't neat to differentiate themselves the way they do now. Cal and Tennessee scheduled their home and home precisely because each wanted a big non-conference win to give them a shot at a top 2 finish in the BCS. The more you increase the number of teams that get in, the LESS incentive there is to play tough non-conference games.

Once again, you were wrong when you said:
    • "There are currently on a few big games on any football schedule - the rest is just filler."
    • "aside from established rivalries, there are almost no intra-sectional games in football anymore."
    • "LSU or Louisville v. MTSU is a big matchup – at least as defined by you."
    • "I think that a playoff system would actually enhance the regular season"