1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who's the best in nation ???

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Wise One, Oct 13, 2007.

1. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

If this thread isnt about an SEC team then all of you are wrong.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

In which polls? The games that I highlighted were not listed in the top 25 or ORV on the ESPN page for the week of the game.

You mean like dumb like this?

Funny how you keep pretending that you didn’t say that, when obviously those are your words.

There are only a few each year. You keep expanding the definition of big game in an effort to somehow make everyone think that you have not been changing your position with just about every post.

Funny, I don’t ever remember saying anything about good opponents, but obviously this is another attempt to redefine the argument so that you can claim victory.

I have said that there are very few big on any given schedule (with most of those being conference games) and that the rest is filler. Which is true and was clearly shown by the schedules of the preseason top 10.

Yes, I wrote that, and yes, it is accurate of what I think would happen if you had a playoff AND a SOS component. You could easily create a playoff structure without the SOS component, could you not?

Incorrect. What I am saying is that the combination of a playoff structure AND an SOS reward like college b-ball has would encourage teams to play tougher opponents, because a loss in that game would not virtually wreck their chance at a championship berth.

How many of those games on the top 10 from the preseason would you consider to be big games?

Yes, and as has been shown by the schedules of the preseason top 10, that is a correct statement – unless of course you try to use a definition that makes LSU v. MTSu a big game.

I understand that you are incapable of admitting that you made a mistake, but is is patently obvious that you screwed this one up.

Did you say?

Ah yes, back to the tired old liar, liar defense. May I remind you that you are the only one in this discussion who has admitted to purposely making false statements in an effort to score debate points, which would make you multitude of diatribes on how much you value and respect the truth, well, a lie.

The schedules of the preseason top 10, those same schedules broken down to include matchups with consistently good teams or teams in the top 25, the link to the thread where it was generally agred that there are very few teams that can consistently be counted on to win 8 or 9 games a year, & that college football schedules are generally made years in advance. I’m sure that there is more, but that’s a good start

3. vpkozel

Correct – I wasn’t thinking of those as a schedule so much as a list of a couple of games. That doesn’t really matter though.

Again with the redefining what I said. I said the possibility was next to nil, not impossible. I would expect someone who claims to value the truth as much as you do to be very careful in trying to mischaracterize what someone is saying. But then again, you readily admit to making false statements just to win a debate point (a practice which you also agreed that you should stop doing), so who the fuck am I kidding?

Boise State probably would have made a tourney last year, correct? USF this year might have made it as well. Possibly ASU as well.

• 5 or so on average – mostly conference games – for the top 10 in the preseason poll.

As mentioned earlier, this was meant to refer to big intra-sectional games. I mean, App v. Mich. was an intra-sectional game, but I woudn’t have called it a big game, even thoughthe result was historic.

I’ll let you answer that one.

Collin, how do you define a big game?

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

I said "Most of the ones I listed were between top 25 opponents, but I also included ones between top 25s and the type of teams that would qualify as "others receiving votes." You're attempting to set up an artificial barrier that favors your discredited hypothesis because it's obvious that top 25 teams can't just play each other all the time. All the teams I listed were considered legitimate bowl teams, so that certainly qualifies them as "big games" in my opinion."

You're embarrassed about being proven wrong and you're trying to distract from that by focusing on minutiae.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Again, you were wrong when you said:
    • "There are currently on a few big games on any football schedule - the rest is just filler."
    • "aside from established rivalries, there are almost no intra-sectional games in football anymore."
    • "LSU or Louisville v. MTSU is a big matchup – at least as defined by you."
    • "I think that a playoff system would actually enhance the regular season"

And just because I'm curious, how much would I have to pay you for the opportunity to beat your face into a bloody mess? Of course, there's always the chance that you'd win.

6. vpkozel

Did you post this or not, Collin?

It's funny that you have to keep thinking that I am lying or that I am somehow saying that MTSU would consitiute a big game when it's clear that I am using your logic. You just don't like the outcome, which is why you switched the logic after I pointed out the obvious flaw in your first pass.

And you never posted which polls you were using.

7. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Get a room...

:helpsmilie:

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yes, of course I posted that, but I never at any point suggested that MTSU vs. anyone was a big game. You're lying when you claim that I did. MTSU vs. LSU or Louisville were not big games, which is why I did not include them in my list, but you're trying to portray that differently because I unfortunately used the word "solid" twice. You're knowingly lying about what I said and trying to use that one word as your excuse for doing so.

Once again, as I have said from the very beginning:
    Most of the ones I listed were between top 25 opponents, but I also included ones between top 25s and the type of teams that would qualify as "others receiving votes." You're attempting to set up an artificial barrier that favors your discredited hypothesis because it's obvious that top 25 teams can't just play each other all the time. All the teams I listed were considered legitimate bowl teams, so that certainly qualifies them as "big games" in my opinion.

No one would think that Middle Tennessee State fits in that category, and I certainly did not say that they did. You're lying about what I said because you can't think of anything else to say since your actual "points" were proven wrong.
    I haven't switched my logic at any point. You're the one who has changed your tune a hundred times in this argument as you've realized that you're losing on one point or another. I've stood by the same things I've said from the very beginning, which most definitely never did include MTSU being a "big game."
    I specifically said, "the type of teams that would qualify as 'others receiving votes'," not that they did receive votes. I had no idea which ones did or didn't because I didn't look at that. I simply follow college football enough to know which teams are good and which ones aren't. I made my list in the beginning and continue to stand by it because it proved you wrong.

And by the way, I'm not at all kidding about paying you for the chance to beat your face in. Just let me know how much it would take for the opportunity and I'll decide if it's a price I can live with.

9. vpkozel

I don't think that I have ever said that you claimed LSU v. MTSU would be a big game. I said - repeatedly - that it was only a big game as defined by your logic.

You are just plain lying now. You started defining it that way AFTER I showed you that your first definition would have included MTSU as a big game. Here was your first description:

It's not like it's not possible to go back and look at the posts.

You still can't bring yourself to see that your first definition is what was saying that it was a big game, can you?

No, not at all. You've been entirely consistent.....

With the exception of the clarification of the adjective "big" in front of inra-sectional games, I haven't changed my position at all. You have been continually modifying yours from the get go.

Perhaps if I was somehow denying that you said this, then you might have a point. Your problem comes because you said it after you said this.

I am sure that it was oversight, but you never told me which polls you used.

I wouldn't hold your breath. And while it might make you feel better, it wouldn't make you any less wrong here.

10. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Data don't lie. And I'm not talking about the android.