1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What schools will pursue QB Russell Wilson for 2011 fall season?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by EastOfRaleigh, May 2, 2011.

1. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

So if O'Brien said if Wilson comes back then Glennon was going to leave. So if Glennon leaves and Wilson changes his mind and decides to play baseball, then NC State starts a true freshman with no experience. You would have called him an idiot no matter what he did but he did the right thing.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

It's called having control of your program, something not all Carolina teams have a grasp on.

3. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Worked out well for Wilson, seeing as how even Wisconsin without Wilson would beat a Wilson quarterbacked State.

4. LClefty04

Wisconsin has two of the best running back duo's in NCAA this season. They have a good team each year plus Wisconsin is way ahead of NC State when it comes ot talent. They should be in a BCS bowl game this year and if they stay healthy I could see them in the Championship game.

5. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

That would show that 'idiot' TOBy!
    :rolleyes:

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

What are you babbling about? Wilson played baseball during the spring and summer, but there was never any danger that he wasn't going to be back for this football season. Hell, it's not like Glennon was a prize or anything. He's a below average college quarterback. Keeping Wilson would have meant a new starter in 2012, but so what?

Still, I'm glad it worked out like this. Not only is State much worse, but I get to watch State fans pretend that they're happy about O'Brien running off Wilson.

7. LClefty04

There was an issue. He would only be here for three weeks til the first game and even though he wanted to come back and play, it was never known if he would. If O'Brien commited to Wilson, then Glennon would have left. Then if Wilson decides to stay with baseball, then you have pissed off everyone because you have lost your top 2 QB's. Sometimes it's best to move on and hope it is the right move.

and the game ball goes to Coach Whit....Coach Davis. I'm sure Coach Whithers loves knowing his first collegiate win and the players give the ex-coach a game ball for putting them in that situation and not showing support for Coach Whithers.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

At least O'Brien has control of his program.

So, he's got that going for him.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

There was never any danger of Wilson not playing football this season. Anyone who told you otherwise was flat out lying. Wilson's baseball career isn't even going well.

That said, I take back what I said about O'Brien. He's not an idiot, he's a saint. He obviously knew that State would suck ass this season, so he was incredibly nice by letting Wilson go play for someone relevant.