1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

what QBs are being worked out?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Tiorted Snoil, Oct 22, 2002.

1. on 1110 am on the drive in they said the Panthers would sign a vet....any ideas who they are brining in.

Is Rypien on a roster? Scott Mitchell has experience with Henning's offense too.

2. Harbaugh played in Henning's system in Indy, right?

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Was Henning in Indy? Under Marchibroda?

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Working out a WR (from KFFL).

3:09 PT: Free agent WR Hilton Alexander will be working out for the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday.

5. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I dunno where the WBT got that info. Fox said last night that he wouldn't.

Everything I'm reading says we will, but did they just presume, as any sane organization would, that we'd sign one?

Fox says - no roster spots, no cap space. We'll put a young guy on the Practice squad to take snaps to relieve Fasani during practice. This mainly because Fasani is the only qb at practice, and they need another to relieve him.

Hard to believe. I think Weinke is set to take some tests to see if he could even be 'emergency QB' this week.

Another note from Panther talk.

Coach Fox was kinda grilled about not opening up the Offense. He replied by stating we DID open it up vs. the Falcons with the empty backfield sets. I remember those, and he's right.

He said that doesn't cater to our strengths. It didn't work, defense is our strength. I can't argue, but I'm sure he's pissed and is candy coating it.

6. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

damn, we are in trouble

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yep. I think the logic is that after the bye week, we'd have all our guys back and cut the qb we signed today, anyway. And, there's no cap space, and, we'd have to cut somebody. And, the QB wouldn't do much good b/c they don't have time to learn the system in 3 days, anyway.

At least that's what Fox said.

8. WYDD

WYDD Guest

i hear d craig is pretty cheap these days. Why don't we bring him back? Or good ole frank reich.

9. Piper

Piper Guest

We did. We had to.

I can give Henning a pass on the Atlanta game, we were just overmatched. It's the games where we decided to go into a shell after having some success that I'm critical.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

The 8 in the box thing works well against us. You can bet it will work with Fasani under center.