1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of Addison?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He had a very good year, but I'm worried that was his high water mark. He's always been marginalized on run downs, too. I think he's one of the more interesting UFA cases we've had.

2. Black&Black

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm not really interested in re-signing Mario, to be honest. I wish him the best and hope he gets a lot of money from someone else.

4. Black&Black

That's sort of how I feel, I guess.

I'm hopeful that he likes it here, and that he would take less to stay. I think he has a valuable role on this team. But I agree about not wanting to get into a bidding war.

5. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

I guess the obvious counter-point is who are legit pass rushers sans Addison? At least as of now.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Hard to know what Wilks will do, but under McDermott the defense didn't rely on individuals to get pressure but rather the scheme. Also, based on some vague comments Gettleman has made, I unfortunately believe he's going to take Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett at #8.

7. morningwood

We need help there, but good grief. If not RB, take a chance on an OL rather than DE.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Cam Robinson doesn't deserve to be taken anywhere near the top ten as he's not an NFL left tackle. I would be ok with taking Ramczyk at #8 because he could be another Gross, but that's a hell of a risk for a guy with one season of high level football coming off of serious hip surgery. Gettleman has mentioned taking O.J. Howard because of his "strike zone," which might actually provoke enough rage to kill me on the spot. If I made a draft board for the Panthers, I think my top eight would be:

#1) Myles Garrett - Not the run defender you'd want for a top of the draft defensive end, but he has so much potential that you take him anyway.
    #2) Jonathan Allen - I might be kidding myself by thinking he could be an every down LDE. Still, his strength and explosiveness are going to make him a dominant defender.
    #3) Jamal Adams - Sort of a less intense Luke Kuechly at safety who consistently finds the football and doesn't make mistakes.
    #4) Leonard Fournette - One of the most physically gifted running backs on earth. There are some injury and fumble concerns. He reminds me a lot of Stewart.
    --drop off--
    #5) Soloman Thomas - Anyone who watched him demolish the Tar Heels knows how disruptive he can be up front. He finds weaknesses and exploits them.
    #6) Reuben Foster - I know, I know, but he's so impressive that I would consider taking a linebacker at #8. He could play beside Kuechly or replace him if concussions force that.
    --drop off--
    #7) Ryan Ramczyk - I don't believe he's the seventh best player in this draft but a lot of the better guys don't fit with the Panthers.
    #8) Malik Hoover - A true ballhawking free safety with elite coverage potential but some significant question marks against the run.

Get one of the top four and I'll be very excited. Get one of the next four and I'll still be satisfied. Take Barnett and I'll be disappointed but live with it since he is solid.

Coach Micool likes this.
  9. morningwood

The combine should be interesting at least.