1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week 5 Picks

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Oct 3, 2002.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Okay... been a crazy year so far but I'm still above .500 at 35-25 (7-7 last week)... and expect this week to be tight again with a LOT of close games.

Good news for Vikings Fans... you won't lose this week... I can't promise no arrests though. :D
    --------------------------------------------
    Tampa Bay vs Atlanta - TB
    This is this first of a long list of close games, but the Bucs are playing too good to ignore. Their Defense should be strong enough to hold off Mick Vick.

Oakland vs. Buffalo - OAK
    Another game I didn't want to pick, but this looks like it could be a shootout. But with all of Oaklands guns they pull it off in this high scoring game.

New York Giants vs Dallas - NYG
    Giants pull one out by their asses while in Dallas.

Washington vs Tennessee - TEN
    The Titans just haven't proven to me that they're very good this year. I'm giving this one to the Redskins because I thing the Skin's D is better than Tennessee's.

Indianapolis vs Cinncinati - IND
    Poor, poor Bengals when is their bye week??? I hope they get the QB-go-round fixed soon or they may be the 1st 0-16 team ever.

New England vs Miami - MIA
    I HATED picking this game. It HONESTLY could go either way, but I gave the Phins the nod since they're at home.

Arizona vs Carolina - CAR
    The Panthers improve to 4-1 but a pushed in spurts by the Card's Offense.

San Diego vs Denver - SD
    Damn the Chargers are good this year. After what they did to New England I can't help but pick them to win.

Kansas City vs New York Jets - K.C.
    Geez the Jets continue to suck...

St. Louis vs San Fransico - S.F.
    No Kurt Warner... PROBABLY no Marshall Faulk... no Win for an ALREADY bad Rams team. (The curse of Chris Heatherington continues.)

Philadelphia vs Jacksonville - PHI
    Donavan McNabb is the best QB in the NFL this year. Hands down.

Baltimore vs Cleveland - CLE
    The Ravens are bad and they're playing IN Cleveland... I pity them.

Green Bay vs Chicago - CHI
    Brett Farve proved he can play with a group of banged up players at home and pull one out, but the won't do that IN Chicago.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

NCSU

3. Piper

Piper Guest

32-26 on the year, 7 and 7 last week. Slow and steady wins the race......

Pittsburgh vs New Orleans SAINTS

....come marching in, oh when the saints come marching in, oh I wouldn't want to be Tommy Maddox, when the Saints come marching in.....

Tampa Bay vs Atlanta - FALCONS

Tampa's run game hasn't been doing much. This is a big game the Falcons have to have, with two weeks to prepare for.

Oakland vs. Buffalo - BILLS

First one to 50 wins.

New York Giants vs Dallas - GIANTS

Giants always seem to dog out a 14-13 win vs the Cowboys.

Washington vs Tennessee - Skins

The Titans just don't have the defense to play that grind it out game anymore. Run, Stephen, run! I told ya he played some good ball. Maybe Davis can pitch it. Hmmmmm.

Indianapolis vs Cinncinati - Colts

Kitna thinks Akili should QB. Akili wants Kitna to be the QB. Ferrotte is happy to be on the bench. Would you want to play for this team?

New England vs Miami - Phins

An aparent weakness has reared it's head in New England, and Ricky will be there to exploit it.

Arizona vs Carolina - CATS

This wil be a tough game, unless The Fake just shows his ass. They were more effective vs the run the past few weeks, but I still think we can exploit it. We've got a better line. It helps that their backs are hurt.

San Diego vs Denver - Donkeys

The Chargers are good. But at Denver, after an embarrasing loss? Broncos slip one by.

Kansas City vs New York Jets - Chiefs

Looks like Vinne and Curtis Martin's time is over, and well get to see what Jordan and Pennington can do. Regardless, Priest Holmes will run right over the weak Jets run D.

St. Louis vs San Fransico - 49ers

Stick a fork in em. Ram. It's what's for dinner.

Philadelphia vs Jacksonville - Eagles

Jags offense looks stronger as Fred Taylor returns to form. But the Eagle defense is still top notch.

Baltimore vs Cleveland - Browns

Ravens got a big win, lead by Ray Lewis and Todd Heap. But I don't think much of Redmon, and Jamal Lewis looks hesitent this year.

Green Bay vs Chicago - Pack

Another Brett Farve miracle as the injuries pile up in Chicago. Could da Bears be in trouble?

4. lex

lex Guest

:)

5. hasbeens99

hasbeens99 Guest

Blew chunks last week at 6-8, but I'm still 30-14 for the year. Let's see how this week goes...
    --------------------------------------------
    Tampa Bay vs Atlanta - TB
    The Bucs D should be disciplined enough to hold Vick in check. So far Pittman hasn't done much on the ground, but word is Brad Johnson is starting to get the hang of Gruden's passing offense.

Oakland vs. Buffalo - OAK
    The differences between the Raiders and the Bills are defense and the fact that the Raiders can play ball control offense. Buffalo only knows one speed: WFO.

New York Giants vs Dallas - NYG
    The Giants aren't great, but they're better than Dallas.

Washington vs Tennessee - WAS
    Even if the Gatorskins start Wuerffel and work in Ramsey, they've got a shot to win with Stephen Davis. The Titans' D has yet to take the field this season.

Indianapolis vs Cinncinati - IND
    Dear Lord make it stop. Cincinnati is making a strong case to the NFL for contraction back to 31 teams.

New England vs Miami - NE
    These two teams have good offenses, and defensive issues. I think it boils down to coaching, and I think Belichek is better than Wannestadt. The Champs will fix what's broke.

Arizona vs Carolina - CAR
    The Cats reach 4-1 in a close one at home. Lace 'em up tight, Lamar. You're going to have a busy day.

San Diego vs Denver - DEN
    The Chargers are tough and will give the Broncos all they want. But going from sea level to a mile high is going to be more than the underdogs can overcome.

Kansas City vs New York Jets - K.C.
    After three years on the bench, Pennington finally gets a shot. But it won't matter on the scoreboard.

St. Louis vs San Fransico - S.F.
    Garcia hasn't looked good so far this year, but to beat this Rams team, he shouldn't have to. The Niners will ride Hearst and Barlow all day long.

Philadelphia vs Jacksonville - PHI
    The Eagles are the class of the NFC.

Baltimore vs Cleveland - CLE
    The Ravens' win on MNF was a fluke, and they won't be able to sneak up on Couch & Co.

Green Bay vs Chicago - GB
    If Favre can do enough with that crew of busted up ballast to beat our defense, he can beat Da Bears in Champaigne.

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Falcons
    Raiders
    Dallas
    Titans
    INdy
    Miami
    PANTHERS
    Chargers
    KC
    Niners
    EAgles
    Browns
    Bears
    Pittsburgh

HOw can we tell how we've done throughout the year?
    I've picked every week.

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I can't find week 1 picks, but I'm 50% for the most recent 3 weeks.

I got lucky week 3 - 11/14, and unlucky week 4 - 4/14.

8. hasbeens99

hasbeens99 Guest

Here's the link for week 1, Meat. You didn't post any picks on the thread, though. Neither did I, so I'm only counting from week 2 on.

9. Foxman

Foxman Guest

I havent been posting mine here, but am in two pools, online and at work. I wont say what I have done, hopefully these picks will be good.
    Panthers
    Colts
    Dolphins
    Giants
    Faiders
    Saints
    Falcons
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Eagles
    Niners
    Browns
    Packers Tie breaker? 45 MNF

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

you think the Packers will score 45 on MNF against the Giants?!?!?! I see now why you won't tell us your stats up till now.