1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Was Weinke worse yesterday than Delhomme has ever been?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Dec 11, 2006.

Was Weinke worse against the Giants than Jake has ever been in any game?

1. Yes, Weinke was worse than Jake has ever been.

32.1%
  2. No, Jake has had worse games than the one Weinke had against the Giants.

67.9%
  1. Collin

Collin soap and water

In addition to suggesting that Weinke's beautiful passes to Carter were just randomly "chucked up there," magnus claimed that Weinke was worse yesterday than Jake has been in any game ever. Note that this poll is not about whether or not Jake is the better QB, as I and most believe that he is. It's about whether or not you believe that Chris Weinke's performance against the Giants was worse than any performance Jake Delhomme has ever had in a Panthers uniform.

2. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

Collin - I like what you bring to the table, but you seem to be headhunting on this one.

Let the agenda go.

Let's pick apart the Panthers, not each other's opinions/views.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Jake has had some bad games, even games that we managed to win. I mentioned this in a different thread, but I think 62 pass attempts does not give the best evaluation of Weinke. No team is ever supposed to throw the ball that much, and the majority of those attempts were out of obvious passing formations. I thought he made some nice plays, but he also made too many mistakes. He got away with a dropped pick-6 in the second quarter, and he also threw several passes behind receivers.

Was it a good performance? No. It wasn't all his fault, but he didn't help us by throwing up interceptions. Has Jake played worse? Yeah. Had we not blocked 3 FG's in Jake's first start in 2003, people would have been begging for another serving of Rodney Peete.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    :flower:

rofl

5. rake

rake Need one of these

yeah, this just seems to be about satisfying some twisted personal agenda of yours collin that has zip to do with football

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

No kidding. What magnus said was perhaps the dumbest thing he ever has, and I want to point that out. He knows it isn't true because he's not that stupid, but if you honestly agree with something he doesn't even believe then you are extraordinarily stupid. Hopefully the few people who will vote with him are just doing so out of the desire to oppose me on anything.

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

It was close. Tampa 2003 was likely worse, but winning makes it seem so much better. Titans 2003 was close. Delhomme sucked in the 2005 NFCCG. Chicago 2005 first game. Maybe even the Detroit game that Weinke saved.

So - do we discuss wins, or qb performances? Hard to seperate the two.

I am currently biased - but was not until yesterday about 3PM. It would take wins for me to change my mind about Weinke. I'd love to see that happen, but I hope the experiment to see if it can happens with another franchise. I can't bear to watch 2001 again, and that's what I see with Weinke. It reminded me of 2001. I guess the blame shouldn't be on weinke, because we have alot of other problems, but there it was.

So - I can say this - I never felt for a minute like Weinke would pull it out, because he never has. I usually feel a glimmer of hope with Delhomme b/c he has pulled it out. So watching weinke and feeling hopeless made it seem worse than watching delhomme.

This year, it's been much less frequent for Delhomme. Coming into the game, I had hope that it would be different - that Weinke would cause a big stir. It never came close - and it was like 2001 - which compounded my bias, and made it miserable to watch.

I still feel like with Jake we always have a chance. The games are usually close, and he has something about him that he's been able to pull it out. Maybe it's homerism.

Maybe Wienke will get a W next week.

8. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

Has it already been decided that Jake is out next week?

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, it wasn't close at all. The question is designed to illustrate the idiocy of the statement. It's as absurd as if someone were to claim that the Panthers are still the best team in the NFL.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Was.