1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UVA/VA Tech

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by VA49er, Nov 21, 2011.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

It's good to see UVA back in the hunt due to thier long time suckage. Playing for the right to lose the Clemson in the ACC championship it seems. Anyway, how the hell is VA Tech ranked in the Top 5 in any football poll this week? Even Va Tech isn't really all that good.

2. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

You're right. I guess they've moved up due to several others having a second loss. Tech hasn't played but 2 ranked ACC teams, and they've slid by in a number of other games. The rematch between Tech & Clemson may be a better game next time around. Clemson is falling off big-time.

3. VA49er

I think Clemson more or less went though the motions Saturday against State since they knew they were already in the Champtionship game. Now, both UVA and VA Tech will have to devote all their energy to beating each other just to get a chance to play in the Championship game. I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson loses against USC Saturday.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I was thinking last week that Clemson might look past State thinking about the South Carolina rivalry game, plus the upcoming ACCC. Whatever the reason, State beat that ass. :biggrina:

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I would. There is always a lot of bad blood in that rivalry, so no one wants to lose that game.

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

It's South Carolina's Super Bowl.

7. VA49er

Which is why records/resumes don't really matter and I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson lost. Same goes for USC. I'm sure both want to win but the bigger picture, at least for Clemson, is the ACC Champion ship game and the football $$$$ a win in that game brings.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm pretty sure that Clemson fans would rather beat South Carolina than win the ACC Championship.