1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

USA vs the world

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Chisox17, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

i saw on espn this morning that the nba is considering changing its all star game from east vs west, to US-born players vs foreign born players. i think that would be a good game. hey they could call it team thugz vs team fundamentals. sure the US team would be loaded and have more raw talent, but it would even out because they dont play D or pass. the world team would have some pretty damn good players too though. dirk nowitzki, steve nash, tony parker, pau gasol, yao ming, zydrunas ilgauskas, and peja stojakovic. not a bad team.

2. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

I'd love to watch the International guys kick the shit out of the US.

3. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

It didn't work well with Hockey...

4. Chisox17

well it was different with hockey. in hockey the style of play between the two teams is exactly the same.
    with the nba it would be fun to watch because the US players play so much different from the foreign born players. the US team would be full of no-passing, no-defense ball hog thugs, while the international team would be full of guys like stojakovik and nash that play with sound fundamentals and share the bal very well. it would be a good matchup.

5. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

usa woud get smoked

6. Chisox17

the more i think about this idea the more i like it, here is what i think the teams should be:

team Thugz (USA):

allen iverson
    steve francis
    tracy mcgragdy
    rasheed wallace
    shaquille oneal

team Fundamentals (World):

steve nash
    peja stojakovic
    pau gasol
    dirk nowitzki
    yao ming

and my prediction for the final score if this game is ever played...
    team fundamentals wins 105 to 26 because team thugz has never seen defense before. team fundamentals also racks up at least 50 assists

7. lj4three

lj4three Resident Non-A-Rab

this talk seems to be racist, or at least thats how i feel- i'm thinking you think, black = thugz. how the hell is tracy mcgrady a thug? how is shaq a thug? how is steve francis a thug? the nba gets a bad rap b/c of the tatoos and the corn rows, pretty simple to me. yes, the game isnt near its past levels- put to call the game a bunch of thugs is bullshit.

8. Chisox17

lj, i see what your saying and i asure you that i am as far as it gets from being racist. i keep saying tream thugz because that is the rep the nba has now with all the fights and flipping off crowds and choking coaches and cussing at coaches. and i said team fundamentals for the foreign team because that is how they play. like i said i see what youre saying but trust me i am in no way racist. no shaq and tmac arent thugz, the name thugs is just summing up how i feel the nba has gotten in recent years.

9. Xcaliber

Xcaliber Just Another Guy

My USA team...

PG - Jason Kidd
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - Tracy McGrady
    PF - Ben Wallace
    C - Tim Duncan

I don't care how great the World team's fundamentals are there would be no way they can handle a squad like the one above. It may be difficult for some to see but there are great U.S. born players in the NBA that don't qualify as thugs.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  10. Chisox17

ben wallace and tim duncan are class acts. its too bad guys like ron artest and latrell spreewell have to ruin the nba's rep