1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNCC Chancellor Ponders Football

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by sds70, Feb 12, 2007.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

No question it's a shit load of money but I'd like to think it can be raised. I'd like to at least see us given the chance. The article paints a darker picture than the Chancellors actual presentation though. Another Observer slant.

2. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I understand that Va49er :) :) . . . I'm just saying it would be nice if UNCC had football so students/alumni can experience what takes place at Chapel Hill, Athens, Raleigh, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Austin, Baton Rogue, Gainesville, Auburn, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Norman (OK), College Station, Fayetteville (AK), State College, Urbana-Champaign, Oxford, Columbia, Morgantown on a Fall Weekend. It will take time, but at some point we have to start somewhere, right ? ? ?

3. VA49er

Of course it would be great that's why many of us are so vehement about this issue and so worried CHP is going to cave to big brother and run away with his tail between his legs. Being 1/16th of the University System is not good enough anymore and damnit if WCU, App, Coastal, etc can afford football then so can the fourth largest school in the damn state. It's all about taking the chance and NOT listening to those fucktards down the road in Raleigh and Chapel Hill.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

What would really help would be finding anyone other than UNCC students/alumni that really give a shit. I'm all for it. So, there's one.... :fan_wave2:

5. sds70

Be sure to read today's editoral in the Observer about UNCC & Football . . . Guess what their point of view is :rolleyes: ? ? ? ? ?

6. VA49er

Unsigned editorial no doubt.

7. sds70

Of course . . .

THE BOTTOM LINE: I wonder how much the Observer's reporting is going to effect the Board of Trustee vote when it does take place. I mean, as time goes by and as the university gets bigger, than the excuse is going to be in 10 years 'Its too expensive now'. We will continue to be an underfunded school (and nowhere near starting a law and/or medical school, which would raise our academic standing).

8. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

Charlotte was 77 of 344 teams in the newest NCAA hoops attendance figures.

....don't let facts get in the way

9. metro

yes

the chancellor publicly said this week that the annual costs are "manageable" but the one hurdle is funding a stadium.

Look for some combination of Bruton, Lowes (CEO is a Niner), BofA (the CFO is a Niner), or Bojangles to sponsor this.

btw, Keenan stadium in Chapel Hill is currently borrowing $50m using bonds to upfit the stadium. If we don't get the money up front, look for us to go that route.

all the haters can get over it (Observer), football is a done deal

10. metro

chicken vs egg

the reason so many UNCC alum turn into UNC-CH fans is because they have nothing to emotionally tie them to the school (football)

football creates memories for students, and allows alum to congregate, tailgate, network, and connect emotionally a few fall afternoons.

I CANT WAIT
    (class of 1995 and donor)