1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC athletic director Baddour stepping down

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, Jul 28, 2011.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

FS Carolinas Staff Reports

July 28, 2011

North Carolina athletic director Dick Baddour is stepping down from his position.

Baddour made the announcement Thursday at a news conference regarding Wednesday's news of the firing of head football coach Butch Davis.

Baddour's contract is scheduled to run out in June 2012, but Baddour felt as though the next athletic director should be primarily responsible for hiring the next football coach.

Chancellor Holden Thorp will begin the search for a new AD as soon as possible.

Baddour will stay with North Carolina in another capacity.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Handing out parking tickets? :couch:

3. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Should have cut ties with him yesterday when they fired Davis. The head of the AD is just as responsible as the HC for overseeing the athletic program. As much of this shit as has come to light over the last year it's hard to believe they had no clue anything was going on.

4. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

At the end of the day, trying to decide who is the bigger screwup between Baddour and Fowler is very difficult. At least Baddour was trying when he was covering up. Fowler never even tried.

5. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Baddour & Davis

The NCAA needs to redefine what lack of institutional control and failure to monitor really mean in their rulebook. Ohio State didn't get slapped with the two because they say Jim Tressel was the only employee who knew about the violations going on there (I don't believe that for a second). Going by that reasoning, is UNC also not going to be hit by the NCAA with these two infractions? Baddour & Davis both want to say that they were clueless about what was going on there w/ the various rules violations. It's really hard for me to stick up for Davis because he was the one who hired John Blake, and he also had employed the tutor with his own family. Blake & the tutor play a major role in all of this mess, along with the numerous players who were violating & flaunting other obvious rule violations (Marvin Austin, for one). Overseeing player activity would seem to be a major role that both Baddour & Davis would need to be involved in. State fans are having a field day with all of this because Baddour always wanted to project that he was leading a program that was honorable, had academic integrity, and played by all the respective NCAA rules. Sadly, we're finding out that wasn't the case. As a Tar Heel fan, I don't feel sorry for either one of them.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

See that's the thing, Tressell knew a lot more than he led on and let 5 players play he had to have known were dirty. When all this came about Davis pulled the players off the team. From everything I've read the Heels have been helping the NCAA with their investigation unlike OSU. I'm already disappointed in the way this all happened but I hope the NCAA piles harder on OSU verses UNC. Just a guess but I'm guessing two years probation and loss of scholarships for UNC

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Obviously a plagiarised post. :bucktooth:

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

He needed to go.

9. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Would have easily got through the honor court.

10. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

This.

:rolleyes: