1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Troy Vincent

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Clay, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Anybody know whats up? My buddy from Kansas City say they've made him an offer and that he was on the radio in KC yesterday...

I'd feel a lot better about our secondary if we had Vincent back there.

2. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

The Observer says today that we have had prelim discussions with Vincent, but no visit is planned. So we are talking to the guys we're interested in. Just not Taylor. Conclusion there is obvious.

3. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

I haven't ruled out either yet, they may have thought of it as an either/or situation with Grant and a rook CB or a Vet CB and a rook FS.

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

There is Vincent scuttlebutt on the SportsRumorMill site:

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/viewtopic.php?t=14059

The poster is alledgedly employed by a souting/consulting firm and is working with Cincy...I think. I don't really have the whole story. Maybe some of you are familiar with him. He made a lot of posts around combine weekend. His name over there is BearcatMania04.

There is a ton of other stuff in there but this is of particular interest to us:

[snip]

On to the information you desire to know. Much has occurred since my last post so I will start with fresh news and try and answer as many questions as possible.
    After speaking with Paul Brown Jr. this evening I believe I have a handle on the Bengals intentions. The recent release of Jeff Burris is a precursor of what is to come. The recent reports that Cincinnati made an offer to Troy Vincent are indeed true. Cincinnati is awaiting a response from Vincent?s agent. Yet Troy is adament to drag his feet in hopes of receiving an offer from Carolina. Cincinnati mean while is freeing up cap money by releasing Burris and restructuring Willie Anderson?s contract. I expect from talking with Paul for Cincinnati to end negotiations with Rodgers Beckett and Troy Vincent. They will choose the alternate direction and attempt to sign Bobby Taylor and Brock Marion shortly. They would love to have both of these players in Cincinnati by March for workouts. Taylor and Marion both have spoken with Lewis and made it known that Cincinnati is there first choice. Marvin Lewis did speak with Warren Sapp recently but Lewis has relayed to Sapp that Cincinnati may be interested at a later date. I?d like to say I?m impressed with the moves this organization is making. Cincinnati fans should be excited for 2004.

[snip]

Carolina has taken a weak secondary and made it a even worse. The signing of Artrell Hawkins is by far the most amusing free agency move I?ve seen this year.

[snip]

Oh, I'll throw this in for fun, this was at the bottom of a long post:

"Washington?s project salary cap deficits in the next three years following recent signings;
    2005 +18 Million
    2006 + 37 Million
    2007 + 45 Million
    This does take into account any increases in the yearly salary cap"

------------------

Also, he says Ownes has the Niners on tape promising him final word on his trade so he will get that rescinded and be able to go where he wants.
    ________
    honda avancier

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  5. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

Let's see...the Chiefs don't extend him an offer...the Bengals are about to pull his offer...what's left? I have a sneaking suspicion, we're going to have Vincent as a late surprise signing. I'd love to have him start at corner this year and move to the FS spot next year. Hawkins is IMO a nickelback at best.

6. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

FWIW

I have read that Vincent took a physical for the Chiefs today, but has left the city since.

7. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Seahawks | Talking Contract with Vincent - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:23:46 -0800

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports free agent CB Troy Vincent (Eagles) is involved in contract discussions with the Seattle Seahawks.

8. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Considering all the teams he is talking with, it seems like he just wants to get paid.

9. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

The latest from SportsRumorMill:

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/viewtopic.php?t=14059&start=15
    "Cincinnati in turn is under the gun as well. After speaking with Troy Vincent this morning he relayed the following "I will be arriving in Cincinnati on Sunday in hopes of finalizing a deal". Troy, your agent informed me that you were content in holding out for a Carolina offer? "This was true as of yesterday. After consulting with my wife and family we have decided Cincinnati is the best fit for me and my family". I expect a news conference to be scheduled for Monday afternoon to announce Vincent's signing. Troy's agent and Paul Brown Jr. are extremely close on contract parameters which should allow this deal to be done Sunday night."

10. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

what what what

this makes no sense.