1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Toney Baker

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by mathmajors, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

on scout.com we fell today, 2 more spots, but only trail by 6, and I'd base the rankings more off of Scout than rivals, personally. UNC, too, is looking at adding 4 more strong recruits before its all said and done.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=9&c=14

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I don't know what boards you read, but if its the standard Tar Pit board its fill of moron... for you to believe what's said in there is pretty sad itself. The premium board seperates the 12 years olds outta the group and there is at least some intelligent conversation in there. Yeah they say Chuck and Phil are shitty, but they also will say Bunting does wrong when he does, and I can assure you not a one in there thinks he can just saunter into a recruits house and leave with them thinking he's as pure as the driven snow. I think you may be a bit short sited as to believe the things you see in an open board to be the thoughts of most Tar Heel fans. The amjority knows its an ugly dirty business and if you think State is clean themselves you're nuts. Maybe you haven't or maybe you just refuse to see it, but it happens.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  3. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

OK Brain heres what I'm talking about. Quote in the Observer today by Ken Tysiac....... "Bunting and Amato have different STATED philosphies regarding committed players. Bunting said when told by a prospect to stop recruiting him, he complies.

Well I know for a fact he followed T Baker back to Ragsdale and started spreading shit right after he committed. You see its this whole "holier than thou" attitude that he portrays to the media, and then does the exact opposite once hes on the recruiting trail. I just wish one of these media members would call him out, but that will NEVER happen.

Same with Beamer. Hes going on about Hannah and how his staff doesn't recruit "committed players". Well I guess thats why NC States Oline coach and some Va Tech coaches got into it at New Bern HS when Va Tech came calling on a "committed player"

I don't care that they recruit committed players, JUST DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T.

4. Piper

Piper phishin member

Not recruit verbals? If a coach really isn't recruiting a guy just because he's verballed, that's just stupid.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

thats pretty interesting Turd because I personally know two Ragsdale assistant coaches and they both said they never heard a thing about Bunting or UNC coming back spreading shit or rumors after Baker committed.

6. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

But its funny you knew them well enough that they didn't clue you in that Toney was going to State(or at least you sure didn't let on with some of your post on here)as far back as November.

Keep trying I'll accept my source because EVERYTHING he said was 100% accurate ALL THE WAY TO SIGNING DAY. Stand by what I said.

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

the two coaches I know didn't know where Toney was going - nobody did. Obviously some people close to the State program did because as far as can be determined coaches at State were the only people he told. Some of his best friends didn't know where he was going til they watched the AA game.

A parent of a teammate told me last summer Toney visited his other son at State and told him he was "probably" going there. By all accounts he has alot of friends at State which being a homebody like he is probably carried alot of weight with his choice. The fact he decided to wait until after the season to announce makes me believe he really wasn't sure - and I'll take his own words that he didn't decide until December.

One of the coaches I know is a big Carolina fan - he said he didn't know what Toney would do. The other coach doesn't really have any affiliation but he told me Toney wouldn't go to Carolina - he thought he was going to Virginia.

I never said Toney was going to Carolina - I always figured it was a long shot. My guess was always Virgina, and when I said he wasn't going to state it was more wishful thinking than anything else - but as much as I don't like State I'm glad he decided to stay in North Carolina instead of going to Tennessee or Virginia.

And as much as I want to see State struggle on the field I hope Baker has the collegiate career like I've always said he would. Would be nice to see Ragsdale with a Heisman Trophy winner. :xyzthumbs