1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

To Prep a Bull: A B&B Game Review

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Here are the things that I liked:

- Clutch Defense. The Panthers held Santa Clara to 3/15 on 3rd and 4th down. Even against a community college fooball team, that's outstanding work.

- Average Field Position was the -34. Solid. You get nearly 10 yards out from the touchback zone, it's like an extra first down per game. Good job winning the hidden yardage game. Palardy was excellent.

- 38 runs. Bull Ratio Achieved. How do I not have a fucking statue?

- What I loved about that final, clock killing drive was that it came after Santa Clara's defense had an extended period of rest. It's not like we just ran 8:38 off against a gassed defense. We lined up from the shadow of our own endzone and ran it all the way down their throat. 13 plays, 13 runs. Bull in a China shop. Good stuff.

- McCaffrey at fullback is..........interesting. I don't want this to become a staple, but it's a nice wrinkle. You have two backs who are capable of catching passes. It gives Cam a lot of options in terms of changing the formation.

- Our defensive line combined for 11 tackles. Very often, Hyde wasn't even allowed to reach our linebackers. That's great run defense.

- Only two explosive plays allowed (that's plays of 20+ yards). Good.

And the things that I didn't like:

- Greg Olsen had a grand total of 4 targets. He got 4 out of 24 targets. This is completely unacceptable from Shula. I don't care if you have to put him in the backfield and feed him shovel passes, like Andy Reid does with Kelce periodically. You get him the god damn football. God damn it, you fuck.

- Only two explosive plays forced. That would have been higher if Cam weren't so god awful in the first half, so I don't really put this on the OC, but that's dogshit. You can't consistently win NFL games with two plays of 20+ yards.

- Funchess led all receivers in snaps (47). I don't get it.

- Matt Kalil is just kinda nobody. Elvis Dumervil made him eat a pile of feces on what nearly was a strip sack of Cam, and he got jacked up on the play where McCaffrey moronically reversed field. Pretty average player. Best case scenario here is probably 2015 Michael Oher.

- You definitely saw some of the drawback in McCaffrey's game for the first time. It's not a huge deal. We always knew he'd have trouble being a conventional running back in the NFL. It's like the first time you see your girlfriend's shit stains in the toilet bowel. Nothing is going to be perfect. He'll need to learn how to take a one yard loss in this league.

- 38 carries is great. 3.1 yards per carry is not. This was a very mediocre game by our line. I've mentioned that Not Vin Diesel has some talent to work with as the 49ers DC, but this has to be better.

-EXPLOSIVE PLAY REVIEW-

Forced: 2
    (R. Shepard, K. Benjamin)

Allowed: 2 (D.Worley, J. Bradberry)

Differential: Even

-BULL RATIO REVIEW-

Carries: 38

Total Bull Touches: 48

Bull Ratio Achieved? Yes. You're god damn right it was.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. bam-bam

bam-bam Full Access Member

Dude, you've already hit mid-season form with that nugget alone. Forgive the pun.

Smoke Screen and Coach Micool like this.
  3. Black&Black

4. Black&Black

I'm watching the game again right now. God, the Niners are horrible. I'm trilled to be 1-0 but I think you almost have to throw this game out.

They either have the dumbest cornerbacks in football or Not Vin Diesel is the worst DC in football. On multiple occasions they had three defenders covering one area. I'm kind of discouraged that we didn't beat them by 50.

5. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

If Cam had thrown more than 2 passes in preseason we probably would have. We were damn lucky he got to shake the rust off against Santa Clara. By the time things started clicking in the second half we were up big and just needed to run clock. Ron was probably trying to show Shanahan how you hold a 20 pt lead in the fourth quarter by running clock. Then after the game TD and the boys got to go run cock before getting back on the plane.

6. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket