1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Devil came down to Georgia

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by DaveW, May 15, 2003.

1. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

and he was looking for some rings to steal but he didnt have to because he found 9 UGA players willing to sell theirs. UGA has 18 players suspended or declared ineligible right now. 9 for selling SECG rings, 5 for pot and I forget the others.

2. Boo

Boo Cornholio

I heard on 1110 this morning that one guy sold his ring and got busted with the pot.

I don't understand why they can't sell their rings...they are theirs, given to them, don't belong to the university, the players are over 18 and are legal adults...if they want to sell any of their property no matter how foolish, they should be allowed.

3. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

yep..one dude was busted for both. I dont see the problem with them selling their rings either. I heard all the rings have been returned. I doubt anything serious comes of this but you never know with the whacked out NCAA.

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

NCAA violation

I'm sure once they have gratuated they can seel the rings, But it must be an NCAA violation under the earned income rule related to the leauge.

I could see some high dollar alumni Booster offer to pay $50,000 a piece for the rings and the coach using that as incentive in recruiting. Shit like that!

5. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

I could see some high dollar alumni Booster offer to pay $50,000 a piece for the rings and the coach using that as incentive in recruiting. Shit like that!

you might be right. One guy did buy them all.

6. kakia

kakia Full Access Member

well, they have been reinstated and now must pay restitution. I think they should be allowed to sell their rings, but don't understand why they would want to. The rings represented a great achievement and i would have thought that these 9 guys would have realized what the rings represented.

http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sports/uga/0503/16ncaa.html

from what i have heard, these fella aren't even allowed to hold a part-time job because of NCAA rules. how do they earn money?

And now, on top of that the assistant coach was arrested for a DUI in April. Mark Richt definitely has his hands full.

7. negoshe8er

negoshe8er 12 In A Row

Damn fools don't have any sentimental values do they? Don't kids cherish anything anymore? 20 years from now some of them may be rich but they'll regret ever letting go of something like championship rings. Those are once in a lifetime treasures.