1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

tennessee vs. georgia

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, Oct 11, 2002.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

piper, can tennessee expose georgia for the fraud they are?

alabama tripped over its own nuts and couldnt do it.

2. Piper

Piper Guest

If Clausen plays, and can throw effectively with his collarbone injury, maybe.

If we cut down (as in less than 10) offensive penalties, maybe.

TN has had a lot of injuries at linebacker, and the tackling of the replacements suck. We've got great athletes in the secondary, who still don't know how to make a play on the ball. Can't catch what you don't turn around and see.

Surpisingly, our front has played well.

3. kshead

kshead Guest

Hmmmmm.... I'll throw some shit out there.

I circled this game a LONG time ago (August) with the view that I liked Georgia for two reasons.

1) This is Tenn's first game outside of Tennessee. They basically spent the first month of the season in the comfy confines of home. In previous years, teams that spent a month at home (3-4 games) usually struggled when they finally leave home. This has been a good trend to use.

2) There would be value in the play because Georgia would choke at Bama the week before.

I figured Tenn would be laying around 4-5 and I'd get a live dog.

But...

1A) That month-at-home-then-go-on-the-road trend has been a loser this year. The worst I've seen in years to be honest. So that is out the window. I also thought Tenn would be undefeated having beaten Florida instead of self-destructing for a quarter and pissing away that game.

2A) Georgia actually won at Bama. Go figure.

So now, we have Tenn getting only 3 on the road with a huge question mark at QB. Tenn has struggled running the ball at times (another surprise) and Georgia shed it's soft rep a little last week by punching Bama. Then add in the fact that Tennessee also seems to play better as a dog with a chip on their shoulder....

To make a long story short, this line stinks to hell so I won't put a dime on the game. But if you put a gun to my head I'd say take the points with Tenn since every single thing I thought about this game since August has turned out to be wrong. And in August I thought the play would be Georgia. :D

4. LarryD

i'm picking tennessee tomorrow in the paper because everyone else picked georgia. i dont trust richt as far as i can kick him in the ass.

i say a bunch of injured vols ar better than the soft dawgs.

5. Piper

Piper Guest

Fulmer upgraded Clausen to "probable." Clausen says he will play.

6. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

fuck tinnisee

7. Fred

Fred .........

Georgia-18
    Tennessee-13

18-0 Bulldogs at the end of the 3rd. UT made a good try but just couldn't drag it in. I guess they will settle for 3rd this year in the SEC.

:(

8. Fred

Fred .........

Bear- for you to hate Tennessee so much, they must have done some damage to your beloved Crimson Tide in the past. I guess in this case, hate = the ultimate respect. ;)

9. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Tinnisse and Allbarn lost. What a great day!

10. LarryD

add florida to the list and it's a perfect day.