1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Biggest Loser

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by TimTam, Nov 26, 2007.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I weighed in at the doc's office yesterday at 225. It sucks, but honestly I'm surprised it's not worse. Two months of ridiculously high stress and anxiety have destroyed my discipline, and I've been stupid about my eating habits.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I have decided to try to lose ten pounds. I need to lose a lot more than that but for now if I can just lose ten pounds and keep it off that will suffice. If you are trying to lose 50 pounds it is so daunting that it is easy to get discouraged and quit. I weighed 226 on my home scales and 230 at the doctor's office (wallet, cell phone, keys, shoes etc included). I need to get to 216 on my home scales and be at 220 when I go back to the doctor in two months. That is my goal. Please feel free to insult and laugh at me should I fail to accomplish this. I go back to the doctor on October 26th.

3. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels absolutely will never not

If you don't mind can I ask how tall you guys are? I don't see being in the lower 200's (depending on height) as being as horrible as you're seeing it.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am only 5'7"

5. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels absolutely will never not

Ah, Ok. I'm only 5'2...I struggle with finding my right weight as well.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

6 of those 10 pounds are gone now. I just have to lose 4 more and then not gain them back.

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

233 and climbing :burgerflip:

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

216.4 on my bathroom scales this morning

I have been tracking my weight on a spreadsheet since the start of this year. I have lost 40 pounds but regained 25 for a net loss since January of 15 pounds. All this time I have been thinking my problem was that I did not try hard enough when I am dieting. I think that was wrong. My problem is when I give up and go off the diet and start gaining weight. I try hard enough to make it work, when I am trying.

My new goal is to lose weight or stay even every week. If I can eliminate those weeks where I gain then I will eventually lose all the extra weight. Who cares if it takes a year to get it all off....

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'm OK with having to lose the same 10 lbs over and over again, but I'm back down to here again after having gone through the pregnancy (I ate everything she did) and I'm back down to around the weight I was when I met my wife. I want to keep losing through winter, since this is the worst time for me. When I got those 30 lbs off, then it was birthday/halloween/thanksgiving/christmas/New Years and before you know it, that next April came around and I had half of it back, and ended up with five more after that.

But I got some sense back, did allright after the kid came, and have all the loss back.
    Now the wife is looking to lose, and I feel good about not being completely stupid through the holidays, so maybe I can break some new ground.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I weighed in at 255 when I saw my doc a couple of weeks ago. Seventy freaking pounds over my target weight. I've had to replace damn near my entire wardrobe. Again.

The stress of this summer has been hell, and I've been stupid about how I've dealt with it. This sucks.