1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Sum of All Fears"

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by QueenCityHillbilly, Jun 3, 2002.

1. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

I saw this with the sis and her future fiancee last. It's your regular Tom Clancy movie that never really sucks. Then again, it never kicks serious ass either. I mean, all of the Tom Clancy books to movies have been good and fun to watch, but none of them have just rocked the hiz-zouse since "Patriot Games."

Morgan Freeman is good as always in his high government official role, this time as Director of CIA. Ok, here is the dissapointing part. Ben Affleck is Jack Ryan. WTF?????? I'm sorry, but I put Ben Affleck in the same category as Keanu Reaves. Who can give more unintentionally funny performances in one year? Well, Affleck has several unintentionally funny moments in this flick, and I chuckled at every one of them.

Ok, it's not a bad movie. Isn't even all that violent or profane if you wanted to take the kids. I mean, a nuke goes off and kills a bunch of people, but that's about it.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

The only Clancy movie so far that is close to the novel is 'Red October'. I won't be watching any Clancy movies in theatres.

3. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

That's the thing. I don't read, I just watch.

4. BigMark

BigMark Guest

Hollywood just kinda needs to give up on the idea that Jack Ryan will be the American James Bond. Here we are on our 3rd one, and none of them can carry Roger Moore's jock strap.

5. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

Hold that thought until The Cussler books are made into movies....

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

'Raise the Titanic' has already been made.

7. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

That movie was a fluke....I've read interview where Clive Cussler berated the makers of that film and vowed to never offer a book until he had a say so in the making of it....Saharrah will be out winter 2003, they start filming in September.....

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I never saw it, but oddly enough, I remember commercials about it.

9. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

If you remember the book....see this and see how badly they wrecked this story

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

The movie "Raise the Titanic" sucked. They had a lame ass actor play the part of Dirk Pitt.

With todays big budgets and computerized effects they could make a good movie out of it. They just need to find the right dude to play Pitt's part.