1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Structural Engineer finally mailed me a letter.

Discussion in 'Home Improvement & DIY Forum' started by builder, Apr 13, 2005.

1. builder

builder membered member

Here's my response. There are some details missing. But I think you get the jist.

Dear Mr. Leonard:

In the past, I have tried several times to call you to no avail. Therefore, I am contacting you via faxed letter. If I have not heard from you in fewer than 7 days, I will send a copy of this letter via registered mail. Please respond as soon as possible.

On November 16, 2004, you were asked to perform a structural inspection of my condominium unit. Specifically, you were asked to determine if the unit’s party wall construction was built to code in regards to sound transmission referred to several times as STC rating. Lee Xxxxxx(1210 C) was present at the time of your inspection as well as Jody Xxxx, a representative of Quiet Solutions, Inc. You were also informed that your report would warrant whether or not there would be legal action against the developers, construction company, and others including Rick Judson. I assumed that you would measure the drywall thickness, determine the construction method used, and evaluate your findings against the NC Building Code.

In the first weeks of Decemeber 2004, I received your report with an invoice for $671.50. The report contained a few omissions that I asked you to correct. You told me on the phone that you would look into my questions and give me a call back the following day. The letter I received today is the first time I have heard back from you or your company in those 4 months. I understand that you have been out of the office for 6 weeks due to surgery. However, that still leaves about 10 weeks unaccounted for. There were several messages left for you during that period.

Your letter dated April 8, 2005, states that you have been in contact with one of the developers and one of the owners of Citadel Homes, Inc. and have, in fact, known him for many years due to your previous work. According to you, Rick Judson has informed you that your interpretations of the building code are not correct and the walls were not required to meet the STC rating.

I should not have to tell you that you were not hired by Rick Judson. I do not understand why you were in conversations with him regarding this matter at all. You were hired to write a report stating whether or not the construction method used met the requirements of the building code in place at the time of permitting/construction. Now, you are not sure if your original report is correct. It is apparent that you did not do the job that you were hired to do. Therefore, I have no intentions of paying you or your company the $671.50 that you invoiced me for in December 2004.

Because of your actions, I will submit the report, the updated letter, and a copy of this letter to the Charlotte Better Business Bureau and The North Carolina Board of Engineers and Surveyors unless you are willing to send me an invoice for a balance of $0.00. Again, I feel that this is warranted because you did not perform the tasks asked of you.

Thank you.

2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

see if you can get $1200 for missing the water damage and required sill replacement in my house

I'll split it with you. Sorry for suggesting this schmuck.

3. builder

builder membered member

http://www.ncbels.org/complain.htm

Yeah, he's an ass. Sly's wife told me about one of her neighbors. Same as you. He missed a ton of shit.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

If Mr. leonard is MH, ask my neighbor, and also ask Bootay.

5. builder

builder membered member

That's the one. Fucker.

6. builder

builder membered member

Bootay has his pms blocked. Fucker 2.

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I think Bootay is holding out many thousands of dollars.....

Just don't pay.

8. builder

builder membered member

I have no intentions of paying him. He didn't do what I asked. Regardless of what I was hoping for, he should have been able to answer the question. It was a simple task. Does this construction type meet code? Yes or no. Now, according to him, it might not even meet fire code, but he's not sure. WHAT THE FUCK? Is he or is he not a structural engineer? He needs his fucking license revoked.

9. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Where is his office? Where is his house? Time to go out front and hold up a big damn sign?

10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

And make sure you dress for the occasion :clown7: