1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Strange situation for franchise

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

My overall 'beef' is that Jake proved his terrible decision making in the playoffs last year as well as the first 3-4 games of this season. Jeff Garcia became available, and we didn't even negotiate. Translation? Something is very wrong when the Eagles who already had two quaterbacks they often use, signs a third over top of Carolina, who has a color blind QB. I love Fox, he turned Carolina around, no doubt. But, I think he has fallen in love with Delhomme because he was the story of 03 or w/e year it was. So I think for Delhomme to ever be gone, and for us to invest in another QB as the starter, Fox has to go.

Another thing on Jason Campbell, not a big fan at all. Did anyone watch his feet during the MNF game? He looked like he was doing the Charleston. I understand his line is terrible, but many times they even showed in earlier games as well as this one that even when the line produces a good pocket, he floods anyways and throws on the run with his eyes on the rush instead of down field, and with his shoulders collapsing one way or another. Maybe under a different setting where he can reassure confidence in his line he can be good again. But as stated above, nobody is getting rid of Delhomme until Fox goes, just the way I see it.

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I think it's funny how many people think the staff could develop a QB had we drafted one.

3. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

So then you believe the franchise has made good decisions? What should they have done different?

If you believe drafting a QB would have turned out bad, what should we have done?

4. fastlane22

fastlane22 Full Access Member

Didnt we draft a QB out of Louisville that was deaf or blind or something in the 3rd round a few years ago? I cant remember any other QB being drafted in the Fox /Hunrey era.

5. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Yeah...we drafted "Jake Junior", Stefan LeFors. :lach:

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Randy "Focking" Fasani!!!!!!

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I wish the trade deadline in the NFL were not so early in the season. We might be willing to acquire a decent guy to finish out the year for us if not for that.

8. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I've never been in Mccowns corner other than to say he's better at QB than Michael Vick which isn't saying much so they could've gotten a real veteran backup QB. I feel they've done okay with what they've had to do, I was commenting on the 'had we drafted someone then...' but given the staff's lack of developing the QBs they did draft (even with jedi master henning as OC) and the fact that moore hasn't done much tells me a guy we drafted probably wouldn't be any good even though people seem to think it would be a magic elixir, like having more passion.