1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

So now what?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Mar 5, 2010.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

We lopped off a lot of money owed to either ineffective, or hurt players. How much cap space do we have (based upon last year) do we have and what are we going to do from here forward? Sign Davis to a long term deal? Resign Drayton or Moose? We ought to have some money what with Peppers money to get a few players in here and sign Davis long term

2. rake

rake Need one of these

Davis' agent will probably start pushing for HIS guy to be the highest paid defensive player . . .. or something

who is his agent anyway (almost afraid to ask)

3. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

we can use it to put up statues of delhomme throwing interceptions and peppers packing his bags.

who knows. well, we were active in free agency, in a manner, so credit to meatpile. i just have this feeling that we aren't going to do a damn thing with any money we may or may not have, and sit on it and ride this next year out and see what the landscape looks like then. it will be thrilling to see all the undrafted rookies come pouring in this summer.

4. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

I'd like to see Davis get the long term deal he deserves
    I think Moose will get some sort of offer likely a low ball one but an offer.

but as far as the rest the UFA's are concerned. are there anyone out there that really excites anyone?
    I can't think of one

5. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

no, there isn't much out there. i'm annoyed with our plan to build through the draft this year, when we only have a handful of picks, and right now won't be going until mid-2nd round. so, that bothers me, and when the remedy the team comes up with is cut and jettison current assets with no obvious motive other than a contract dump, it's disappointing. i think we've let go more players at this point than we have draft picks. not sure how the math works out on that being a positive way to address needs in the draft.

6. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

It might be a rebuilding season guys. We now have holes up and down our roster and with only 5 draft picks, we wont be ablr to pug all those holes.

Best case scenario is that Matt Moore plays like he did at the end of the season and we go into 2011 free agency with tons of money & cap space. We become 2010 Bears

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

We have some shitty fans.

8. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

The cuts aren't about this year, they're about next. Odds are both Fox and Hurney are gone after the 2010 season. What's happening now is about attracting the next GM and coach to a team with a load of cap room and plenty of youth on the roster. Being saddled with over the hill and/or over priced players stuck on your roster puts a crimp into a roster overhaul. Why not do it now while there's no penalty for doing so?

9. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

Todd France out of Atlanta

10. y2b

y2b King of QC

cap space?