1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

SEC...LSU...NCAA...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, May 22, 2002.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

NCAA turns focus to LSU

BATON ROUGE, La. - Two former Louisiana State teachers who have alleged academic wrongdoing involving athletes met Tuesday with LSU officials and an NCAA investigator.

Tiffany Mayne, a former instructor, and Caroline Owen, a former graduate assistant, attended the meeting along with their lawyer, Aidan Reynolds, LSU associate athletics director Bo Bahnsen, LSU lawyer Mike Pharis and Diane Dennis of the NCAA.

The allegations center on a number of football players and include charges of plagiarism, improper use of note takers, tutors and academic center employees providing too much help.

2. A little background information. This was a self-reported infraction, LSU invited the NCAA to send a representative to monitor the self-investigation. Not really sure as to what type of penalty will be handed down but it should be reasonable because it was self-reported.

Still shouldn't stop the Tigers from winning their sixth national championship in Omaha (1991,1993,1996,1997, and 2000).

= )

LSU Tigers - Team of the Decade (90's)

3. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

welcome LSU guy. You are lucky I have made a vow to be nice for the remainder of the week. Have a nice day

4. Piper

Piper Guest

Don't know the particulars, but since the NCAA gave a pass to TN a few years ago during their investigation of UT academics, I can't imagine that the NCAA would impose anything at all on you folks either.

5. I've done a little more investigating on this matter and it does appear that academic matters do not bring the wrath of the NCAA Infractions Committee. It appears to be an in-house matter, no penalties.

We paid the price for the Lester Earl thing a few years ago (basketball), so I never take an NCAA inquiry lightly.

Yeap, I'm a die-hard Tiger fan and always open to a little trash-talking from a fellow SEC'er.

6. BearBryant

USUALLY us SEC fans (Piper and me) stick together around here. (except when we are playing each other) LSU sure did mess my boys last weekend with that broom that they stuck up our ass and sent us back to to T-town on.

7. Piper

Piper Guest

Yes, welcome to the club, GP. It’s about time we got a few more enlightened fans around here.

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Don't be fooled, geaux. Everyone knows that Bama is jelly and UT is the University of Texas.

9. BearBryant

and NC State takes our players that cant even get a scholly and makes them into starting QB's

10. Yeah, I have a buddy that tries to talk smack about how powerful the ACC is (too funny). OK, I'll give them basketball but the rest (football, baseball, track and field, swimming, gymnastics, partying, etc...) the SEC is hands down the most powerful and best conference - it's not even close.

When the SEC plays LSU, I pull for LSU. When the SEC plays any other conference - it's SEC baby...