1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

screw virginia tech

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, May 16, 2003.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

EDS: The presidents of the ACC said Friday they will enter formal discussions on expansion with Miami, Boston College and Syracuse. A story will be expedited.
    AP Sports

2. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Yup. Just read it at the Post before I came here. Fuck Miami. It will be nice to get back to rooting against them again. Only thing that keeps us out of Conference USA is a counter offer that sells our soul to Miami and ND.

Great. My hopes ride on Notre Dame. The only team I dislike more than the Irish is Miami.

3. LarryD

there's talk that syracuse and va tech could allign and say we're not going.

4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I've read so many articles with offers and counter offers and scenarios my eyes have glazed over in the last week. I think I'm numb about it right now to be honest. Stunned.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    if so, fuck Syracuse. They're a legit pair of programs, SU and VT, but if they don't want to be in a potent conference they can walk. Tell the truth I don't care a lot for BC either. They're filler. Long as they come up with 12, and one's Miami. The NY and Boston markets don't mean as much to me as a good set of football and basketball teams. Still want to steal Marshall, too.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I would like to see us bring in Va Tech and USC if we have to expand to 12. I would just as soon bring in only Miami and stop at 10. Bringing in northern schools is a mistake. It will take away from the uniqueness of the ACC.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I agree that it'd be nice to have SoCar, but that uniqueness you talk of sounds an awful lot like that uniqueness the SEC now has.

Northern schools aren't a problem, IMO. It's why they're being brought in.

8. LarryD

an ACC source close to the decision said, ‘‘It’s over. It’s a done deal. The ACC wouldn’t be issuing invitations if it didn’t know whether the schools would accept them. Now it’s a mere formality.’’

9. Piper

Piper phishin member

Miami got its way. Syracuse's basketball coach was against it, and this will hurt their recruiting, but this is about football.

Gamecocks are happy in the SEC, and the bad blood that exists between the ACC and USC hasn't subsided since the last time they were in the conference.

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I just don't see why anyone would really think USC would come to the ACC from the SEC.