1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Requirements for Salvation

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Thelt, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Raider14

Raider14 Junior Member

You are exactly right, maybe I didn't make myself clear.........I believe after truly accepting Christ you are drawn to the word of God and His word will guide you in your daily life. I think when He touches your life you know it and want to live by His teachings daily. I feel there are many people who have been "saved" and don't change how they act, treat others and so forth. I was one of these people for a lot of years. I saw the movie The Passion and it basically slammed me against a wall.....wow what an eye opener. What Christ endured for us to live forever in His kingdom is unbelieveable,and the descritption of His suffering in the Bible is much worse than the movie. So I guess in closing I agree with you, its been nice discussing this topic with you.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I agree that after salvation God will put a desire in your heart to live for Him. I think we probably agree on most of it.

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Not really. At least, not Biblically speaking.

Jesus did teach that those who serve Him will be rewarded by Him proportionate to their service, but the Bible also says that all will cast their rewards at Jesus' feet out of sheer gratitude. Ultimately, we'll still all be the same in heaven. There won't be any social or class structure.

4. hasbeen99

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, 'The Lord will judge his people.' It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." --Hebrews 10:26-31

5. hasbeen99

Maybe a better question would be, "Okay, so Jesus is your Savior. But is He your Lord?"

Too often the two get run together, but they are separate titles. If Jesus is your Lord, you live willingly in obedience to Him. If He's not, you don't. And I believe one has to accept Him as both Lord and Savior to enter the kingdom of heaven.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I believe you accept Him as saviour and Lord at the same time.