1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Requirements for Salvation

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Thelt, Sep 26, 2004.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Agreed.

2. Raider14

Raider14 Junior Member

The question you must ask your self is.......what is my relationship with Christ? A moment at church is not salvation, how you live after that moment is the key. Are you living each day to serve the Lord? I believe you must walk with Christ each day, the answers are in your bible. Read it and believe......it is the breath of God.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I did read my bible and it does not support what you just said. Salvation is a one time life changing experience not a "do the best you can day to day" thing. It is something you are given not something you earn.

4. builder

builder membered member

And should you decide later that there is no god?

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

You are still saved.

I would add the caveat that you are unlikely to continue in that belief over the long term if you ever truly accepted Christ with a sincere heart. Someone else making you do it does not count.

6. Raider14

Raider14 Junior Member

I did not say "do the best you can day to day". Salvation is given to us by the grace of God, but we do have the responsibility to maintain a lifestyle that God is the center of, you cannot have a "moment" in church on sunday and then just live by the secular standards the rest of the week. Being "saved" is not the most important issue, alot of people have prayed the prayer, what kind of relationship you have with Christ after you pray that prayer is what is important.
    Thelt, your bible is God's guidelines for us to live......the answers are there. I was saved as a teen, but only reborn recently and I know for me everyday I have to pray for guidence and use my bible as a guideline to my life.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

So in your view if a person fails to adequately live the by the biblical guidelines then they are going to hell? Got a verse to support that?

8. Raider14

Raider14 Junior Member

Your salvation is up to you, yes I do believe you must live by the instructions that Jesus gave us, which are written in the bible. The verse I love the most is, John 14-6and7. What guidelines do you believe we should live by? I am interested to know your point of view.

9. spud

spud Full Access Member

Once you accept Christ and God becomes your Father, can that ever really be reversed? I know my earthly Father can never NOT be my Father again. I go with the "Once Saved, always Saved" theology.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I am not interested in discussing which biblical guidelines one should live by. If you are trying to go by the bible then you are doing pretty well in my book.

The point I am making is that "living by guidelines" without accepting Christ will send you to hell. "Ye must be borned again". Salvation is not based on good works or a good lifestyle. It is a free gift of God that you accept at a specific time. You do not earn it in any way. The writtings of Paul spell this out, especially Romans.