1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Requirements for Salvation

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Thelt, Sep 26, 2004.

1. sadic1

sadic1 Full Access Member

I'm really not splitting hairs. If you have to splice it together, it wasn't actually said. If it wasn't actually said, there's no way to argue the specifics of it's implementation.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

So to you those verses are not valid if they are not grouped together? If you read those verses from Romans and the verses from Ephesians they are clear and definitive. Is it your argument that they have to be grouped together to be valid?

I can not find anything in the book of Romans or Ephesians that contradicts those verses or places them in a different context.

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

excellent choices

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

How would you interpret this verse?

5. hasbeen99

The whole point of the New Testament, as quoted in Hebrews 8 and originally cited in Jeremiah 31, is to reunite man with God and establish an interactive relationship between the two.
    God doesn't want to be an acquaintance, and doesn't want to be a peer. He wants to be "our God", and wants us to be "His people". That doesn't happen if we continue to ignore His will to do whatever we want.

Jesus echoed this desire by simply telling those who would be His disciples, "Follow me."

6. hasbeen99

John 3:16 says to trust in Him. Matthew 10:38 says to follow Him. That's probably the most succinct instruction I know of.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

No one is worthy. It is all thru grace.

I do think a desire to live in a manner that is pleasing to God is necessary when you accept Christ. I can not imagine someone who is sincere in his desire to accept Christ who does not at the same time desire to please Him.

I do not however attach any good works or living in a christlike manner to what is necessary for salvation.

8. sdplusbeauty

sdplusbeauty An angel over my shoulder

Titus 2:2 a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.

Once you believe in Jesus and accept Him as your personal Savior, he promises salvation. It is also necessary to live for Him and deny yourself, He understands that we are sinners and we just have to confess and not to do the same things over and over if we know they are wrong. He knows what is in our hearts and in the end we will all will be judged.

There are people who claim they are saved and they want to bring God down to their own level. There are people who claim they are saved, but they are really wolfs in sheeps clothing. Gotta be careful and arm up with the word of God and be prepared for the day He comes back.

Ask yourself this.. if you were to die today are you 100% sure you would go to heaven?

9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If it is necessary to "live for him and deny yourself" for salvation how can anyone be 100% sure?

10. hasbeen99

I'm not talking about works necessarily. I'm talking about living a life of obedience to Christ. There is a difference.