1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Redoing the kitchen

Discussion in 'Home Improvement & DIY Forum' started by Freakshow, Apr 22, 2010.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

"You have chosen... wisely."

[​IMG]

2. ClearlyNot

ClearlyNot Junior Member

Stainless steel or brushed steel leaves fingerprints like crazy. Black or white enamel is most durable. As for counter top, granite is great for one main reason, you cant cut it with a knife lol.

good luck with your remodeling!

3. DanInStepney

DanInStepney Banned From TBR

Watch out with white though. My wife and I both work long hours and redid our kitchen. Replaced lots of black surfaces with white and while it looks really nice, you very easily notice crumbs, etc.

If we had it to do over we probably would have gone with simply replacing the black appliances, etc, with the same.

All the best with your project.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

[​IMG]

5. Jonaht2

Jonaht2 Banned From TBR

Thanks for sharing personal problem.
    I belong to real estate and some time build new building . I required to use tile in kitchen because it make your kitchen beautiful.

6. Granite

Granite Junior Member

Quartz countertops are slightly cheaper than granite and looks awesome. Caesarstone in white looks as good as marble. Since it is engineeered stone it is not as porous so doen't stain as easily or react with acids such as orange juice and wine. It also doesn't scratch. On the downside it can be marked with intense heat because of the resins in manufacturing, so use trivets to put hot pans on. Grander Counters has good info comparing quartz and granite countertops.