1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Recording the games to DVD

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by law1ng2b2, Oct 27, 2007.

1. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

I know i could probably put this in the Tech forum, but I thought I would post to here since my main objective is to record the games I figured I would get better responses here.

I have been researching DVD Recorders but am worried that there isnt enough space on the typical DVD to record the entire game to one disk. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what to get?

thanks.

2. Mongo

Mongo Pawn in game of life

I have 2. No problems getting whole games on a disk. I don't think I use highest quality though mainly because I wouldn't see a difference on my TVs. That'll be my next upgrade.

3. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

thanks. what format disks do you use?

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

If you're shopping recorders: some of the new DVD recorders they're selling don't have built in tuners. The ones that do are twice as much cash. They are digital tuners and HD ready. Not sure how it all works if you get one without a built in tuner, as I have one with an analog tuner (just like VCRs). Best Buy and places like that don't even stock the older kinds with analog tuners anymore, but they're online cheap these days: $60-70 with analog tuners built in. Geeks.com is one place that sells them, I have a Lite-On that's been good.

As with VCR recorders, there are settings for quality/recording time. Highest gives about two hours, I use the four hour setting to record the games.

5. RangerRick

RangerRick Junior Member

I use a Panasonic with a hard drive. I record it in SP mode to the hard drive and then transfer it to a double layer disc. The quality is very good and you can get 3 hours and 40 minutes on the disc. The price of a DL disc has dropped but they still cost about a $1 apiece on sale.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If you have TIVO you can record it and stream it to your computer and burn it there. You can also edit out commercials that way.

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

If you get the model of TIVO that can transfer your recordings to your PC, (TivotoGo), you can edit out halftime and the commericials, and easily fit a game on one disk. If you're at the game, you probably want to record longer than the scheduled time, since it may run long. You can edit any extra recorded at the end too. I'm doing it for the 1st time this year. Its been fun. I love the Tivo just finding the programs I want to record too, instead of me having to enter every time to record.

8. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

I have a directtv dvr.

How do I transfer to the computer?

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing more specifics. Piping the cable into my PC using a TV tuner left the files so big that I had to use one disc per half, so I ended up just getting my files via torrent. I think I might like the set up you're describing better, though.