1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Randy Shannon named Miami Head Coach

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by The Brain, Dec 7, 2006.

1. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

He did do everything right, but win. But he's a coach and his job is to win. He actually did a lot worse than his record would indicate in the coaching department, but playing in the ACC and fairly weak nonconference schedule hid a lot of it. I was never big on this hire, but this season really turned me off to the point where I don't know if I would have followed them next year if he was still there. Fortunately, I won't have to make that decision now.

2. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

I would have to think a couple of early candidates...

Chris Petersen(Boise State)
    Gary Patterson(TCU)
    Les Miles(LSU)

3. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

Apparently they went after Jon Gruden hard. Add Dan Mullen to that list too.

4. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

Les Miles???

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Yeah, why any SEC coach would want to come to the ACC is beyond me. Unless of course they are about to get fired and need an easier job.

6. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

The LSU Tigers finished 93 in total offense but still had a 10-2 record, which is still dang pretty good. Some fans are calling for the OC to be fired but some are calling for Miles and the OC to get canned and get someone new.

Here are some post from LSU fans about Miles:

"The thing I hate most about LSU under Miles is that I cannot have any expectations whatsoever. The only thing I can expect is frustration, inconsistent play, and babbling from Miles about what happened and what is next. It's the same song and dance every year and quite frankly I couldn't care if Les stays or goes."

"WE hugely need A change for our program!! As long as Miles is our coach this is what to expect year in and out -- Mediocrity!!!"

"Re: What does Coach Miles need to do for next year?
    Find a new OC and let him make all offensive decisions including players
    Find a new OL coach
    Find a new QB and sign another young one besides Rivers
    Lose the play book dring games and let OC take complete control of offense
    Hand clock and timeout duties to OC and DC and just enjoy the game

Or

Go to Michigan, Colorado, Miami, or simply retire and collect interest and dividends while watching Flipper swim for Michigan"

I know three fans don't speak for the whole program but all three post were within the last week. If they fire Miles then they would be stupid but if Rich Rod does get fired from Michigan then I could see Miles or Harbaugh taking that job. The Miami job is not a bad job. A good location and HS kids want to play for the Miami due to the programs history.

7. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

8. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

The Gruden situation was less hard than it was made out to be. Mullen wouldn't be a bad choice, but arguably he's in a better spot at Mississippi State. Miami's facilities are really shit, and the pressure from the alumni is about a million times more intense.

9. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

He's much more likely to go to Michigan than anyplace else.

10. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Leach is an interesting choice. He has some pretty big supporters on the board of trustees, but Shalala is 100% dead set against him because of his baggage.

I'm sure it will all take place behind the scenes, but there's a real potential for a big power struggle over Leach down there.