1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Ralph Fridgen out

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by PantherPaul, Dec 18, 2010.

1. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Hopefully Edsell will work out better than the Pitt coach that got fired three weeks after he got hired for felony domestic violence.

2. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Edsall is solid, but I thought the reason they fired Fridgen was fan apathy about the program. Edsall is less charasmatic than Fridgen, so I don't see how this hire makes any sense. Wonder what happened with Mike Leach?

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I think Leach is a Crapshoot. He will either turn a program into a winner and create great buzz or he will send a program into the toilet. Somebody will hire him, I thought Maryland was going to roll the dice but I guess they looked at Edsall as being a safer pick. I agree, they needed to find a guy who would move the meter, Edsall is not that kind of guy.

4. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Winning will move any meter.

5. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Friedgen was winning though. 25 games above .500 and five bowl wins. That's more success than they've had there in a long time. Edsall isn't going to give you much more than that, I don't think.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I wonder if Maryland got wind of this first?

LUBBOCK, Texas -- The NCAA is accusing Texas Tech of major rules violations tied to nearly 1,000 impermissible text messages sent to football, softball and golf prospects.

The NCAA released its findings Friday. It said the school discovered the violations and reported them to the NCAA.

Penalties could include two years probation, recruiting restrictions and scholarship reductions.

The NCAA says the football violations occurred between August 2007 and February 2009, which would have come under former coach Mike Leach
    . The NCAA says the football coaching staff sent approximately 234 text messages to 45 prospective student-athletes.

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

8. John Fox

John Fox GRIT

That coach has got some swag. I like that.