1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

QB situation for 2007

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Toll Booth Willie, Nov 27, 2006.

What will we do at QB next year?

1. Spend a high draft pick on a QB to groom for the future

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Bring in a veteran to challenge Jake for the job

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Nothing at all (indicates we think there is nothing wrong with Jake)

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Should boil down to one of these three, I think. Curious what the group thinks.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I think this decision will be made thinking about what's best for this team, not for scapegoating a loss.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Rather have a new QB coach. McCoy shoulda been chewing Jake's ass after that dumbass throw instead of standing there listening to Jake's excuses.

4. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i don't get that. that has to rank in his top 5 dumb decisions. it may only rank as #3 of his dumb game losing picks, but it was absolutely fucking stupid. i don't see how putting the blame on jake is scapegoating. this isn't an out-of-the-blue thing.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Putting the blame on Jake for his part isn't scapegoating. That wasn't the thread - it was "replacing Jake because he pissed me off yesterday".

6. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i like how jake stomps and moves his arms like a 3 yr old who just got told 'no ice cream for you' when his primary is covered - while the play is happening. we need to keep him just so i can see that.

i voted for high draft pick since i'm not sure about any real replacement options via FA.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Jake is not the problem. He is erratic at times but he has shown himself capable in the past. Fire Henning and get a real OC and Jake looks good again.

8. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

It depends on what your definition of high is. 3rd would be ok.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I don't see Fox going higher, no.
    It's about time to have someone to groom, regardless of Jake. Any rookie next year is not going to "solve" any supposed QB problem anymore than cutting Jake and starting over would.

10. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Jake Delhomme = Jake Plummer

They both reached their pinnacle and now are regressing

They both play for decent teams with good defenses, with above average offenses that have a fair amount of weapons.

Their teams win in spite of them, and they both actually do decent things, but fukups abound more and more often.

They both have many fourth quarter 'comback' wins to their credit, never mind why they needed to comeback in the first place most times.

They both have more recently had a few fourth quarter loses you could put squarely on their shoulders.

The only difference is the donkeys have a potential young stud in Cutler, and the panther have weinkie.

I'm not suggesting right off that Delhomme needs to be replaced with weinkie; however, many poo poo weinkie because of his 1-15 record playing on a much lesser talented team then, with a terrible defense. Not to mention his shoulder injury, and in fact, he didn't start all 15 losses.

I would say that I believe with the weapons we have now, and the defense we have, that weinkie would not be any worse than delhomme.

Jake is not accurate, and many of his passes are put up to 'let the the WR make a great play on it'. Well, any QB worth a shit can do that with decent results, and imo, as many results as delhomme gets- especially considering who he has to throw to.

There's absolutely no reason in the world, with the weapons we have, and the pass blocking we have (which gives him decent time most times), that we shouldn't be keeping drives alive, have a better 3rd down converson record, and certainly score more points.

Whether it's play calling, poor execution, or whatever, we need a change somewhere.

I hate our offense, really, I hate it. Save for the coupla fantasic plays by Smith per game usually, I really hate it. We should be much better, seriously.

There's no excuse for the talent we have, to not be better. And I'm not talking wins and loses, I'm just saying we should be better on O- period.

By keeping at least two more drives aliver per game, either resulting in 3 or 6 points (even just three), and eating a little more clock, then our D would even look that much better, and we'd have at least two more wins if not more. Still, even at 6-5, I'd feel much better had our offense been more than barely better than shitty.

I'll add that I also watch the game for entertainment. Sure, the wins are nice. But heck, you can be a fan and feel good about a god team and not even watch games.

But, aside from a good D, and the one or two terrific plays on O that propel us to possible victory per game (it seems all we have is one or two great plays by smith or whoever, that manage points), we are not entertaining at all. And I'm not talking total excitement like the 1999 rams O, or peyton's colts, I'm talking anti-excitement, in the sense that for 25 mins out of the 30 our O has the ball per game, we look awful. Seriously, it's maddening.