1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Post game qoutes

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Postgame Quotes
    Head coach John Fox

On another close victory: It’s a tribute to the players and the coaching staff. Any time you go on the road in a hostile environment and overcome some of the things that happened to us today, and keep swinging your sword, I think it’s a tribute to the character of the guys in that locker room.

On if the Ravens defense was as good as advertised: There’s no doubt. They came into the game number two in the League in defense and the highest point total they had allowed was 14 up until this game. Our guys worked very hard in preparation this week and executed it today as well as could be expected.

On aggressive play calling in the fourth quarter: I have two coordinators who do outstanding jobs, Mike Trgovac on defense and Dan Henning on offense. Add in Danny Crossman on special teams. Those guys are in charge. I try to help manage the game as best I can and not get too much in the way. We had to stay aggressive because they make you be aggressive by stacking up so many guys against you.

On Baltimore’s use of their timeouts late in the game: We weren’t going to be calling time outs, that’s for sure. We were just waiting to see. That third down pickup was really big at the end as far as what they could do with their timeouts. We were just trying to get that game over with.

On middle linebacker Chris Draft: Chris Draft has done a great job for us. Ever since the Dan Morgan injury, we kind of muddled around there a little bit, but we have Chris down there in the middle and he’s done an outstanding job and he’s a big reason why we’re sitting here on a four-game winning streak.

On injuries: Right now I have Al Wallace (arm) and Thomas Davis (ribs).

Center Geoff Hangartner

On gaining 414 yards versus Baltimore’s defense: They’re a really good defense. We knew that coming in, and that they were going to give us all kinds of crazy looks. We just kept pounding, and luckily it was enough.

On a fourth quarter in which the teams combined for 24 points: That’s not really what we wanted to do. We wanted to just protect the lead in the fourth quarter. Get the ball back and try to run the clock out. That was the situation that we got in, and we got the win, so that’s all that matters.

On how much his intelligence came in handy in this game: It helps, especially on a day like today. They line up in more schemes than just about anybody in the League. You have to be quick to think and quick to figure out what they’re doing to get everybody going the right way.

On getting to the linebackers to make blocks: They protect Ray Lewis a lot. They come up with schemes to try to make sure he’s unblocked and let him run side to side and make all the tackles. We knew we were going to have to get on him and block him to be able to do anything today.

Linebacker Chris Draft

On his sack: We had a pressure, and I was unblocked. The defensive line did a great job of taking up some blocks and that allowed me to come around (for the sack).

On two tipped balls going for Baltimore touchdowns: We were definitely shaking our heads, wondering how we were trying to give this game away. When the ball goes up in the air, we have to still make plays. We can’t give up. We have to stay with our guys. I don’t know what (Baltimore receiver Mark Clayton) was doing. He must be living right. We call that clean living. He got two tipped balls and two touchdowns.

On playing middle linebacker: The middle linebacker is the quarterback of the defense. I have to be able to set the tone against the run and the pass. The big thing is we have to come down and make plays and get some big hits. We had chances to make plays and we were able to do that. Unfortunately at the end of the game, we decided we were going to tip balls into the air and play volleyball, but we were able to make plays when we needed to. The offense did a great job. I went over and told them thank you after the game. People talked all week about how our offense wouldn’t be able to do much in this game. But we have some ballers over there who can make plays and that’s what they did today.

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

This is from probably the most complete game recap I've found so far (it pisses me off that every week I find quotes from guys that don't make the rags covering the team).

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/delhomme-shreds-ravens-in-panther/20061015163209990001?cid=706

I went to the Baltimore Sun Ravens board and read a post quoting Key as saying they knew they could abuse their corners, but have not been able to track that one down.

edit: okay maybe I was a little harsh, the Monday articles in the locals include a fair amount of good stuff.

I laughed at this one from the fishwrap's "notes":