1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Possible Panther's QB???

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Feb 1, 2003.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

He's looking to be released or traded so he can get a chance to start...

8 Bouman, Todd QB 6-2 229 St. Cloud State Ruthton, MN

He's the Viking's backup QB... and I'm curious what everyone's thoughts, comments and analysis would be on this guy??? Is he worth brining in?? Or just another guy that can be a solid backup?

2. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I thought he looked excellent in relief of Culpepper. Two things though:

1) He had plenty of offensive weapons in Minnesota. I wonder how effective he'll be with a team that can't even spell offense.

2) No way the Vikes give into his demands. A solid backup is invaluable these days.

3. lex

lex viking extraordinaire

i dont get why minny is releasing him. bouman is not just good, he is a solid back up. i remember last year when the culp was hurt, todd bouman delivered. excellent composure. not nervous or hurried. very pro.

minny will be sorry if they let him go, i think. i hope bouman stays a viking.

i will check vikings update.

his agents were smart to put a clause in his contract when he signed in 97. he gets a $1 mil bonus if he is still with the vikes by april 15 of this year.

i copied/pasted bec the link wont work. it's vikingsupdate.com on keyword if you want to check the whole story.

vikings.theinsiders.com/2/90873.html

"When Todd Bouman was signed as an undrafted free agent following the 1997 draft, he was compared by then-coach Dennis Green to Brad Johnson -- a project player who could develop into something special. We all know what has happened to Johnson, and Bouman is itching for the same opportunity.

But, barring an injury to Daunte Culpepper, that isn't going to happen in Minnesota -- at least not in the short-term. That said, the Vikings have to answer a $1 million question within the next couple of months -- keep Bouman or explore the possibility of a trade.

When Bouman signed his last contract, his agents included a $1 million roster bonus if he was still with the Vikings April 15 of this year. At the time, it was viewed as a clause that could be easily renegotiated, since the Division II QB wasn't on many teams' radar screen.

That has changed. In a pair of brief relief appearances the last two years, Bouman has a QB rating of 98.6 and has twice as many TDs (8) as interceptions (4). He has shown poise in the pocket as well as scrambling ability when needed. Other teams have taken notice, and, with this year's draft looming, a lot of teams are looking at quarterbacks."

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  4. klgeorge13

klgeorge13 Molon Labe

He would definately fit our offensive style, a pocket passer. IMHO if he would sign for a reasonable amount, sign him. With Peete, Bouman, and Fasani, we would be able to address other positions of need in the draft. Peete could start till Bouman learned the offense, and still be there to mentor Fasani. My only worry is that he would be another Scott Mitchell or Rob Johnson, Back-ups who played well enough in relief to get the starting job somewhere else then suck it up. But something like this might be our only option, I honestly think that by the time we draft at nine Lefty and Palmer are gone, and Boller and Grossman will be gone by our second pick. Then what, we could end up scrambling to get the 6th or 7th ranked QB. At least if we had Bouman it wouldnt be such a desperate need to draft a QB.

5. The Brain

:mad: Take him off my list of candidates

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vikings | Police & Courts: Todd Bouman - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    15:15 PT: Updating previous reports, the AP reports Minnesota Vikings backup QB Todd Bouman is under investigation for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman during a weekend snowmobile rally and fund-raiser. Lori Peterson, lawyer of the 30 year-old woman involved, claims her client was repeatedly assaulted. "She suffered extreme (physical) injuries, internal and external," Peterson said Thursday. Peterson described the alleged assault as “horrific.”

6. The Brain

More on Bouman

Vikings | Police And Courts: Another Incident? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    7:13 PT: Updating an ongoing story, the Star Tribune reports Mille Lacs County authorities are investigating a second sexual assault allegation in the aftermath of last weekend's Minnesota Vikings Arctic Blast fundraiser on Lake Mille Lacs. As noted, investigators want to talk to Vikings QB Todd Bouman about one of the cases. In the second alleged assault a woman reported that she rode a shuttle bus from a restaurant in Garrison. She felt ill and was taken to a motel room. She reports that she awoke to an unidentified person on top of her in a dark room. Upon awakening she discovered that her clothes had been removed from the waist down and she had been sexually assaulted," the sheriff said.

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Dang thats strange...what was he thinking?

8. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Guys, this is still the United States. Before jumping on her side (no pun intended) please remember that he is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Now, if he is let go under strange circumstances or on some strange thing, then I would be un interested. If he is flat out proven innocent, then sign him and lets get ready to have a good year.

9. The Brain

too damn much baggage... they can keep him... we've had enough of that already

10. klgeorge13

klgeorge13 Molon Labe

what baggage he hasnt done anything, what has he been convicted of? this chick could have crashed her sled, and decided that she'd get some cash out of it by accusing bouman. doesnt anyone remember the thing a couple years ago when a woman said that, correct me if im wrong, larry allen of the cowboys was acused of rape. it turned out the woman (or maybe women) lied to try to get some money. there are so many people out there now who wan to make a quick buck anyway they can, why give this woman instant credability? besides who would be dumb enough to try to sexually asault someone at a snowmobile rally? dont they wear those big bib-overalls at one of those things?