1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Penn St

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by PantherPaul, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

Regarding the situation at Penn State, no one can deny that the acts of violence and violation were horrendous. Aside from the tragedy, what fires me up about the whole thing is the ESPN talking heads and their self-righteous attitudes. They see an opportunity to go after someone and they are relentless and indignant, calling for Paterno's head to be delivered to them on a platter by sundown. They behave the same way around the steroids issue in baseball. They speak from on high as if they are perfect and they would have behaved so differently, whether it is not taking a pill in spring training in baseball or in this case, stormed into action to reverse all wrongs committed by someone else. I imagine if their personal lives were laid out and bare for the scrutiny of their peers in the media we would find out that they are far from perfect, too.

2. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

Really...? You dont like the media/ESPN smearing it all over the place?? Too fucking bad!!! It has been under the rug long enough...blow the damn lid off the place!

3. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

That's ESPN for ya. They're going to analyze this from every angle conceivable. I can't really fault them for it thou. This is a huge story. A very sad, depressing story. I watched alot of it last night, and for the most part the talking heads were all in agreement that Paterno needed to step down immediately, or be fired. Most people agree with that assessment. I'm sure we'll know more about this later as facts come out, but I'm convinced it was a huge coverup to protect the university as well as the football program. There's no way that Paterno is going to come out of this looking good.

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

load up on nebraska this weekend!!!

5. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I don't think the support of PSU is as much about football as it is group dysfunction. Families are always the last to deal with dysfunction within their own family - if PSU was such a family, is it really a surprise that the organization was this dysfucntional? Humans have behaved this way for years. This will be a case study in human behavior for decades.

Aside from the academic discussion, they need to shut the PSU season and football program down.

6. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

I disagree, the players were not involved in this in any way that has come out yet. Cancelling the season penalizes them unfairly. Fire the whole staff and let somebody come in and finish the season.

7. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

I always wondered why Paterno never showed much emotion. Now I know why!

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

The players don't matter.

9. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Really? Doing steroids, cheating on your wife, etc, etc, aren't in the same ballpark with raping children. Of course Paterno should have been fired.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

See the Duke lacrosse scandal. Lying whore make alligations and they cancel season. Let them play.