1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Penn St

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by PantherPaul, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

2. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

True, thanks for that reminder. But Woody brought on his own demise. Then again, the other coaches did too - although they deny involvement in their cases.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, exactly.

4. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Penn State's trustees promised "swift, decisive, action yesterday. To me that means none of the principals in this case should be on the sidelines this weekend.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

JoePa is trying to manipulate his way into remaining through the rest of the season and not officially being fired. The board will probably be cowardly enough to go along with that. The reality is that Paterno has had repeated incidents of unacceptable behavior over the last decade, including roughly grabbing officials as they headed into the locker rooms for halftime and an incident of road rage on campus, but he gets away with it because the university has always indulged his sense of entitlement.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

I can't disagree...and I'll say this, if he REALLY stood for all the things he has said he stands for he would step down IMMEDIATELY. Either way, the long list of things that he has accomplished (the Natioal Titles, the bowl record, the overall win record) mean absolutly nothing compared to the one thing he didn't do.
    The MANDATORY REPORTER thing...I can't gt passed it, I have taken an oath to report any abuse of a child without delay, knowing full well that if I fail to adhere to that training in any way, I will not be allowed to coach. There is no question in my mind that all involved should be held to that same standard regardless of position or tenure.
    The problem isn't as much what was done wrong, the problem is what wasn't done right.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Wow, kudos to the board for doing the right thing.

8. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Yep, I tink they deliberated long enough to give Paterno the opportunity to go out on his own terms as long as that decision was to step down NOW(do the right thing). He stated he would retire at seasons end and forced their hand.

Now lets hope the courts do their part and lock Sandusky up til he turns to worm dirt.

9. curly

curly Full Access Member

Wow, this is surprising - but warranted. I wasn't aware of any JoPa behavior that Collin referenced that warranted dismissal, but it's not hard to imagine after these developments.

I think I'd compare it to the surprise I'd feel if Dean Smith had done something similiar (Although I've had more respect for Dean over the years).

The more that comes out the more I think the statue should come down and I'm not sure jail for JoPa isn't warranted.

10. curly

curly Full Access Member

That and him complaining that he was let go with a phone call, JoPa still doesn't get how horrible his lack of action was, and it suggest he really is more concerned with his own ass instead of the 10 yr. old rape victims.