1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers vs Broncos Super Bowl 50 Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Jan 31, 2016.

1. willie

willie Full Access Member

Response to Criticism

In a dialogue with my friend, he wrote this. I thought it was worth sharing...

Didn't read the article yet, but have heard enough criticism on sports talk that it makes me sick...Look, at that point in the game Cam had been beaten to a pulp all night long..he probably didn't have the energy to go for it..mentally or physically. Also, I don't think he would have gotten the ball even if he would have dove for it. I have seen Manning throw countless interceptions and not even bother to try and make a tackle or hamper the defender afterwards. How many times have I seen Brady shy away and not hang in the pocket long enough to hit an open receiver?

They are also criticizing him for walking out of the post game conference..many callers saying he was "unprofessional."

Yes, I agree, he doesn't get a pass on walking out of the press conference...you smile, run around, do team selfies, Dab, etc. when you score, make a first down, and win..you got to hang in there and be tough and take it like a leader win you lose. So, is Cam immature yes, but enough with this crap about "unprofessional." He has his weak moments, yes. ( We've all seen him evolve and mature from pouting on the sidelines with his towel on his head.) However, the man carried the team on his back all year and just lost the biggest game of his life in a game rife with inconsistencies, bad plays, turnovers, etc. He was pounded and frustrated by his opponent all night and his teammates along with himself didn't perform up to their own expectations. He is a young man with huge emotions. Any competitive, athlete who is used to winning hates losing and finds it a tough pill to swallow. How many times have you seen Belichick not even shake hands after losing? How about when he sent a defensive back out to address the media after the Pats loss in the divisional playoffs several years ago? The coach didn't even go out at all and talk to the media...

This flippin' idea of "professionalism" makes me sick...were the refs professional by obviously tainting the game? Was the pitiful coverage of CBS professional to never show a replay or address the apparent bias of the refs? Was it "professional" for the sleazeball commissioner to get up on the podium after the game and comment on the wonderful Bronco fans in attendance and totally dis on the Panther fans in attendance? And perhaps the biggest hypocrisy of all fans and the media who want to hate on Cam is this--- how about that after the game, not just once, but several times with emphasis, when being interviewed..did Manning unashamedly have to get a plug in for his corporate master, Budweiser, and say how he was going to drink all night long when he got out of there. Yeah, that's real professionalism and a great role model at its best. Oh, but I forgot..he's the white sheriff not the little cocky, southern Negro boy... gimme' a break...the NFL is full of hypocrisy and non-professionalism!

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He needs to fall on that football, but I guess it's fair to point out Manning's half assed effort here:

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

It's a bit like saying had Kasay's kick not gone out of bounds we definitely would have won against NE. You still have to drive down he field and SCORE. And what is America's frightening obsession with Cam? Could we agree he's apparently the Anti-'Christ and move on?

4. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

He's the Obama of sports!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

Hey, look kids! It's Broncos defender Von Miller, illegally batting the football into the endzone. If only Clete Blakeman had a clear, unobstructed view of the rules violation.

Oh well. At least they got it right.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  6. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Well, Cam didn't play his best. But the whole O sucked. He played better than any of the rest of them in many respects and could have thrown many under the bus. OL, shula, et al. Instead he short answered and sulked. Coulda handled it better though, being the face of the Panthers and so called future face of the NFL like he claimed he wanted to be an "Icon." Hopefully, he and many will learn a great many life and game lessons in all of this.

7. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

yeah.