1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers/Saints Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Toll Booth Willie, Oct 26, 2003.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:D

2. rake

rake Need one of these

I can't agree with that but I will agree that they are good enough for me too, all things considered. I believe the Vikes would beat us right now. St. Louis would take us too. Four in a row and Bulger is getting cozy . . . with or without Faulk they get more dangerous each week. Look for GB, NYG, and TB, to start their mid season push now and we all know how that goes. So I think there are five definite teams that we would have to be very sharp not to get beat by. Judging by the last two weeks I would only pick us over one of those 5 right now (maybe GB). There is obviously plenty of room for improvement and I'm confident that Fox & staff will start getting more steady performances from our players going into the second half of the season.

3. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

So let's get this straight.....you guys start busting on Mango for his negative analysis, then you start kissing his ass?

Ball less bastards.....

I'm glad we are leading the NFC, but I'm starting to think that doesn't mean much, when you look at some of the AFC teams. The NFC has dropped a shit load of games to the AFC this year. When did the AFC become so good?

The only team in the NFC that scares me is the Rams. They are great on both sides of the ball. The vikings got smacked almost as badly as we did last week. I hope we save the game tape on that one.

4. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Yes, we can play a lot better than we did today. The Saints are not a bad football team though. They have talent and will give some teams trouble the balance of the season. I'm glad we are done with them.

I have no doubt you have a solid understanding of the strengths of the Panthers. We argued (discussed) a long time ago the overall talent level of the Panthers versus the overall talent level of other teams. I just can't agree that we are not playing as well as teams like Dallas, Philly, Tampa Bay, St Louis and Seattle....with the exception of of Minnesota, who lost today to a 2-4 Giants team is the corps of the current NFC playoff teams. I just don't agree that these teams are currently playing better than we are.

I also have a problem with the idea that you should win football games by a certain point total for it to be a good win. In the NFL it's simply about winning. Arizona has now won home games over Green Bay and San Fran. No guarantees in this league and no team should expect to win a game by a huge point total. It's about winning, not winning margin.