1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Panthers/Saints Running Commentary

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Toll Booth Willie, Oct 26, 2003.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i am a Panther Fan and see skilled players (2d or 3rd stringers) playing like NFC South Champs.....one game at a time and Not whining! Not into comebacks.........thats for others who know you better than i do!

:D

2. rake

rake Need one of these

Just to add a little attempted kindness with the knocks . . . mags is one observant and knowledgeable mo fo. He’s probably forgotten more football shit then I will ever retain in my leaking sieve of a brain. You are missing your calling magnus and if you had the nerve you’d go get ya a football related career instead of wasting it here.)

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i agree and mentioned earlier about his insight that can be informative but that whining when we have injuries out the a-hole.............cheap shot at a goooooood football team!

4. rake

rake Need one of these

I'm in Greensboro and I think Yuengling has only been here for a little over a year now. It's a Pennsylvania product and it will probably "radiate" out from that area as it grows in popularity. Hope it gets to ya soon.)

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's not my job to determine what you want to hear about your football team. Our injury problems don't excuse bad play from other players.

6. lj4three

lj4three Resident Non-A-Rab

mags- going back and reading the thread, i think i criticized you for no reason. the tone that i detected from you at that time seemed to irk me after we just had a big emotional win.

with that said- i agree with piper and others that there are good elements of the team that sometimes are not acknowledged by you. however, whatever you posted is 100% in regards to using our potential and maximizing it as a team.

7. chuckrichey

chuckrichey they're back!

mags=scott fowler

8. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

You can be critical of the team while they are winning and still be a fan. Mags is simply pointing out areas where he thinks they aren't playing up to their potential and he's right. Some refuse to see the forest for the trees simply because they chalked up another "W." It is both unwise and unrealistic to do so and expect to be thought of as consistant. We saw it last week when the excuses were flying about the Titans game.

We can do more with the talent we have on offense than we have been doing. Moose saying we went into the Titans game with only 10 plays and Wp says he counted maybe 13 today. That doesn't even reach HS level, that's Pop Warner shit. One or two tosses to the TE a game aren't enough to effect the defense. Maybe, just maybe, if the defense thought they had a TE to account for our RB's wouldn't be getting stoned on those sweeps like they were doing the last few weeks. The missing slants were brought up on another thread. Are they afraid to let Jake throw it over the middle? Guess we'll never know. I'm not saying we need to be the Rams, just we need to use everything we have more effectively. Those plays are there if we would use them. We're more intent on keeping on throwing bodyshots while the other team leaves it's head wide open for the haymaker. Our offense is more or less two guys right now, Smith and Davis. It's already been proven that you can take Davis away. We have to come up with something else to make sure that he at worst can be limited and not taken completely away.

I'm not going to harp on the defense too much, because a lot of what's happened is beyond their control. JDR leaving, Fields being out of the lineup all year, Mills being away due to his treatments, and Morgan being in and out of the lineup. Fox's favorite quote of "It is what it is" applies to our DB's no doubt. For the most part they are playing the same as last year, no surprise there. Trgo's D isn't as aggressive as JDR's. With Fields gone that's a given. He can't afford to be. It shouldn't come down to holding your breath on the last drive each game to see if they some how manage to hold on or pull it out. This team needs to develop a killer instinct and put some of these teams away early.

9. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Mags is smarter about football than Fowler. For that matter, my dog is smarter than Fowler.

10. Trashman1962

Trashman1962 Full Access Member

Disagree here. That IS playoff football. Knowing how to win the close games and having the heart and desrire to win the close games is what eventually separates a good team from a championship team. In the playoffs it's about good special teams, running the football, stopping the run on defense and not turning the ball over on offense....the majority of which is the strong suit of this football team.