1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

On the Clock - Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that because I'm down on Davis. I'm saying it because I do not have faith in any wide receiver to meaningfully affect this offense, both due to Cam's chronic inaccuracy and Shula's elementary route structures. Unless it's a transcendent talent like Julio Jones, I wouldn't take any wideout at #8 given this offense's personnel and play-calling.

2. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Full Access Member

Davis is not Julio Jones, no.
    I think pass catcher (doesn't have to be a WR necessarily) is certainly a need at this point. I've seen rumors where they are taking a serious look at Ross and Howard.

If you are serious about evolving the offense, then you could look at a pass catching RB like McCaffrey (hopefully with a small trade back) or Dalvin Cook. I do love offenses that integrate the RB into the route scheme, instead of just using him as an extra blocker.

-Purrsecutioner- likes this.
  3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I would actually pay for tickets to see Ross playing here.
    His speed could overcome more than a few of Cam`s shitty passes.

4. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Full Access Member

I like Davis more, but yeah I can dig Ross. Ross gives you a return threat on special teams also, which even I have to admit Davis doesn't give you.

5. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

There was discussion in a earlier thread regarding Cook vs Fournette. The main argument was Cook being a bad fit for our offense, and I get that. But as KP said, why do exactly what everyone knows you're about to? The combine doesn't sway me, but both Cook and McCaffrey looked damn good. Stewart is still here. With a Cook or McCaffrey, we get more versatility vs a straight blunt instrument. And not for nothing, but McCaffrey can catch from the backfield and even the slot, and also return kicks. Not necessarily arguing these guys at 8, but some imagination and options keep defenses off balance.

And Collin is also dead on relative to chronic short to intermediate yardage inaccuracy by Cam.

6. -Purrsecutioner-

-Purrsecutioner- Full Access Member

Cook isn't an option. We can not even bother worrying about Cook, we won't draft him.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's not about being unpredictable, it's about whose talents can be best utilized within this offense. Cook would be wasted here.

8. -Purrsecutioner-

-Purrsecutioner- Full Access Member

So too probably, would be McCaffrey.

I'm hearing other rumors about a trade up now too - let me just say this - I don't want to trade up. There are too many good players at positions of NEED who will fall into the later rounds. It's laid out for us, as well as other teams. Let's not blow this. Let's assemble quality young DBs to grow with this team.

9. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

I don't trade our 8 And 40 to get to number one and select Myles Garrett.
    Probably too little to get there but you never know.

I also don't mind the idea of trading from 8 to 12 so Cleveland can't get ahead of the Bills and Bengals to get their qb. Also unlikely.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I think the trade up rumors are about moving up from 40 to the back of the first.