1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

On the Clock - Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 2, 2017.

1. -Purrsecutioner-

-Purrsecutioner- Full Access Member

Apparently the fans on Panthers.com suggest we draft Cam Robinson at 8.

Good fucking God help us.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's not surprising because the fans want offensive line help and that's the guy they've read the most about. It's not going to happen, though. I posted this in another thread:

3. -Purrsecutioner-

You rate Adams that highly? Amazing. Good to know. I worry about his size, but perhaps I'm being foolish for doing so, and just from what Ive seen of him, and as awesome as he is, I worry about the pros and his ability to break blocks.

Ramczyk worries me but I'm hoping Gettleman has enough stones to trade DOWN if the opportunity provides (people say that arbitrarily every year but with 8 I think it's possible) so we can take a T later down. But if Fournette is there, or even for me, Hooker - I'd jump like a ravenous pit bull.

I'm gonna have to go watch more Adams.

4. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

While we have the obvious needs at DE, Oline and safety, the more I think about it the more I wouldn't be upset about taking a WR early. 8th overall would be a little rich, but if we went Corey Davis I wouldn't be pissed. Mike Williams is solid but is similar to what we have in Benjamin, hes just much better than Kelvin. Davis adds great run after the catch.

There was a stat recently that showed Cam had 38% of his yards gained after the catch. For comparison Alex Smith had 55%. We need more from the WRs than to catch the ball 10 yards and fall down. Again 8 is rich for Corey Davis, but someone in the 2nd? John Ross? Tawan Taylor?
    Maybe we add someone like McCaffrey or Curtis Samuel who has the ability to run the ball and split out.

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I agree but we don't really have a RAC offense.

6. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

I see your point but we also don't have players that are really capable of generating any yards after the catch. They can't generate anything on their own. Players who are more evasive than our WRs can take hitches and dig routes and slants and create yards after the catch because they have separation from the CB.

7. -Purrsecutioner-

We COULD have a RAC offense, if our receivers wouldn't body catch and fucking fall every time they caught them. Or you know...drop the passes.

What the offense needs is a real offensive coordinator.

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Ginn was/Is certainly capable of making big plays after the catch, but Shula doesn't call enough of those routes for it to really matter.

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Checkdowns are a hell of a drug

Coach Micool and Collin like this.
  10. Collin

Collin soap and water

presidence99 beat me to it. High yards after the catch averages typically result from passes near or especially behind the line of scrimmage. The Panthers feature a downfield passing attack that will never do particularly well in YAC regardless of the receivers employed.

Coach Micool likes this.