1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

On the Clock - Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Ok, I'm only doing round one, because I don't have to patience to keep reloading to get rid of these stupid fucking sleep apnea ads.

- Solomon Thomas is my pick at #8. Give Kyle Love or Wes Horton a ham sandwich and a bus ticket. A big, strong black dude who can penetrate from multiple positions. That's good shit.

I hope he fucks this idiot's wife.

[​IMG]

2. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Full Access Member

I see Thomas going #2 to SF in a good many mocks now. I don't see any of them (since the combine anyway) where he makes it to 8. But yeah, that'd be sweet.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Bummer, I didn't know since I use an ad blocker. I'm down with Sidney Jones but I doubt that he makes it to #98.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Kalil's insane contract takes LT off the table and the DE signings make it less of a priority to the point that I don't think they will reach for Barnett. I really hope that one of Adams, Thomas, Allen, or Fournette falls. I do not want to spend the #8 pick on a second tight end who didn't do shit in college except against busted coverages or a slot receiver with questionable hands and a lengthy injury history.

5. Kenny Powers

I'm coming around on Howard. Alabama has never had a prolific passing offense, so he can hardly be blamed for that. He's an accomplished blocker right away, which shows up on tape over and over. Of course, you don't spend #8 overall on a pure blocking tight end, but his hands and athletic freakishness project him to be a true matchup nightmare at the next level. Your argument, which is valid, is that his value is based quite a bit on projection, but in reality that's the draft -> we're trying to forecast what all these players might or might not be in the NFL based on measureables and college film. I'd say his measureables are literally off the charts for a TE, and he did everything he was asked to do at Alabama well. I'm not sure he'd be my first choice depending on who's available, I also don't think I'd have a problem with it after further consideration.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Not that bleacher report is anything but they have SF taking Thomas at 2, fornette to jags and us take Bama DB. Getting Tennessee rb in Rd 2

7. Kenny Powers

I do like Marlon Humphrey, he's a good scheme fit for what we do here. 8 is a little high though. And when it doubt, I'm going to favor the offensive players anyway, since that side of the ball was so damn awful. The defense is good enough as is to win now as is.

8. rake

rake Need one of these

Some good stuff in this thread, good call by Jaz (posts 14 and 16)
    . . . and yeah, Shula will need to really change his mindset or those top two picks will look absolutely asinine