1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Odds Are Miami Will Join the ACC

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, May 8, 2003.

1. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

That's what I thought you meant. Maybe they could do a 19 game divisional schedule. Each team in your division twice, half of the other division twice, and the others once. You could take care of the rivalries that way. You do need some warm up games, but I bet not as many as they schedule. Plus they schedule the easy ones well into the season.

Its a shame the NCAA requires 12 for a football championship game. Why would they care if a 10 team conference had a champoinship game?

2. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

Hell with all the money at stake, and the eastern markets, Notre Dame might could join the ACC with miami that is already a big rivalry. And would draw all the top 50s markets.

3. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

from what i hear tonight, sources are saying that there's strong support at miami to join the acc. swofford, apparently, has told the hurricanes that he can get the necessary 7 votes to approve expansion.

i also hear that the virginia legislature is pushing for va. tech over boston college.

one set-up under consideration would have miami, FSU, ga. tech, clemson, syracuse and BC in one division, and UNC, n.c. state, duke, wake, maryland and virginia in the other.

4. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Break Up Tobacco Road? No Waaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!

I still don't think BC & Syracuse should/will join the ACC, but if they did . . .

ACC EAST: UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, Maryland, Miami

ACC WEST: Clemson, Ga Tech, Florida State, Virginia, Syracuse, Boston College

It wouldn't be a good idea to put FSU & Miami in the same conference . . Putting them in differnet divisions would balance it out and give each side one big game each season in conference . . .

5. LarryD

Re: Break Up Tobacco Road? No Waaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!

you're missing the big picture:

* every other acc school wants a shot at playing in the title game each year.

* if fsu and miami met in the title game, only one could go to a BCS (read: super-huge-money) bowl.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I read somewhere that the ACC would seperate both Miami and FSU as well as Duke and North Carolina. This would allow all 4 teams barring horrible seasons to get BCS bowl invites (in college football for Miami and FSU) and potential number 1 seeds in NCAA tourney for bball. I like the idea of East and West and here would be my divisions.
    East
    Miami, NCSU, Virginia, Duke, Boston College, and Maryland
    West
    FSU, UNC, Clemson, Syracuse, Wake, and Georgia Tech,

7. VOR

That would leave BC as much out in the cold as it does FSU if paired with miami. While here in the south they are not considered to be important, they are one of the better national programs routinely posting better results than the rest of the
    ACC save FSU.

8. LarryD

are you crazy?

bc is a mediocre team. since 1994, they have had four winning seasons. we're talking 7-5 and 8-4.

9. VOR

The only reason acc school post a little better is they play each other.

10. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

So I'm reading stuff from everywhere about this now and I've discovered an intriguing possibility....

I wouldn't mind trading Miami, BC and Cuse for Penn St, Notre Dame, and L'ville. And I pretty much despise ND. I always thought Penn St going to the Big 10 was not the swiftest move to begin with.