1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Odds Are Miami Will Join the ACC

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, May 8, 2003.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

BetWWTS.com Announces Odds On Hurricanes Bolting Big East

This week, reports confirmed that the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) is considering expansion and the conference is courting the University of Miami (FL) to defect from The Big East. With millions of dollars and the future of two major NCAA conferences at stake, BetWWTS.com today became the first sports book in the world to announce odds on Miami leaving The Big East to join the ACC.

A leading offshore gaming company for over 10 years, BetWWTS.com has created unique odds on the University of Miami formally announcing its departure from The Big East for the ACC by the end of the year. As it stands, BetWWTS.com believes that there is a Hurricane warning on the horizon for the ACC, listing the odds of Miami becoming a member of the ACC at 2/3 odds (i.e., win $2 for every $3 bet). The chances that Miami would ultimately remain in The Big East Conference are listed at 11/10 odds by BetWWTS.com.

"The potential defection by the University of Miami from The Big East to the ACC would greatly affect the landscape of NCAA sports -- creating a ’super-conference’ while leaving another major conference in ruins," said Simon Noble, CEO of BetWWTS.com. "Conventional wisdom would indicate that the ACC will obtain the necessary votes to expand once its members realize the revenue this move would generate, and Miami would in turn accept the offer to join the conference."

This is the latest in a line of sports business-related bet offers available at BetWWTS.com. In the past, these offers have included odds on: a Major League Baseball strike in the summer of 2002, the first NFL coach to be fired or resign during the 2002-03 season, and the 2003 WNBA season being cancelled, among others.

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

Sounds good to me. :)

Miami whipping up on the league for a few years. Damn Larry kinda sucks for FSU, huh? ;)

3. LarryD

no way, i want it big-time.

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

wow...none of the "original" acc teams will sniff a football title for who knows how many years

5. LarryD

cashing those paychecks will make them forget about that.

6. SilverSurfer

No way do I believe you want Miami whipping up on FSU every year. I don't either, really. But I think it will make the league better. The first couple of years Mami will rule, then everybody will start catching up. And the money will be cool. We'll probably get that bowl game in Charlotte every year for sure. Should be fun. I'll be going to that every year if I can get a ticket. What a blast. :)

Oh yeah, screw the Big East. :D

7. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

The first couple of years Mami will rule, then everybody will start catching up

kind of like when everyone caught up to FSU? 10 years later?

8. SilverSurfer

Well, FSU will catch up fast. The rest will START catching up. I think maybe 4 or 5 years for 5 or 6 teams to be pretty competitive. Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Virginia, NC State, Maryland. Maybe the Heels - NOT. :)

Edit - also depends if Syracuse and Va. Tech join the league.

Last edited: May 8, 2003
  9. LarryD

newsflash...

fsu plays miami every year and their rivlary was voted as one of the best in college football history. :)

over the past 14 years: FSU 7, Miami 7

2002: Miami 28, Florida State 27
    2001: Miami 49, Florida State 27
    2000: Miami 27, Florida State 24
    1999: Florida State 31, Miami 21
    1998: Florida State 26, Miami 14
    1997: Florida State 47, Miami 0
    1996: Florida State 24, Miami 16
    1995: Florida State 41, Miami 17
    1994: Miami 34, Florida State 20
    1993: Florida State 28, Miami 10
    1992: Miami 19, Florida State 16
    1991: Miami 17, Florida State 16
    1990: Miami 31, Florida State 22
    1989: Florida State 24, Miami 10

i don't want to ever NOT play miami.

10. SilverSurfer

Nah, I knew that. I look forward to that game every year. But I think FSU is down this coming year and next. Miami will win next 2. You heard it here first.

Oh yeah, wide left. :D