1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NO SNIPING ZONE

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by hasbeen99, Mar 15, 2004.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Forum rules: NO SNIPING ZONE

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to post this thread, but after 2 weeks, it's proving to be necessary.

Larry wanted this forum to be a place where people of all faiths (or none) could share and discuss what they believe, so we could all learn from each other. In order for that to happen, everyone has to feel comfortable and safe enough to share what is almost always very personal.

The reason most of you supported me as moderator of this forum is because I'm open and accepting of people with differing beliefs. If this forum is going to be successful, we all must be respectful of each other, especially if we disagree.

That means, everyone who posts their thoughts in this forum gets a clean slate. I'm not concerned with previous posts from old threads in R&R. There cannot be any personal attacks in this forum.

If you want to take a shot at someone, do it in R&R -- that's partially what it's for.

I have already begun to edit or delete posts that flame other members and bring nothing of significance to the thread, and I will continue to do so as long as I'm moderator of this forum.

I promise to be fair, and defend everyone equally. I will defend Miss tery as ardently as I will Rob or Turbo. If I miss a questionable post, please bring it to my attention.

Again, I don't want to be heavy-handed. I don't want to micro-manage this thing, but I will as needed to ensure the forum's success.

UPDATE (3/25/04):

The debate spawned from the "Religion" thread that was moved from R&R has led me to decide that from this day forward, any thread moved to this forum will remain unedited up to the date and time it was moved. However, any posts added to the thread in this forum will be subject to the existing "no sniping" policy.

This seems to be the most fair way to handle archived threads.

UPDATE (3/26/04):

In addition to forbidding personal attacks directed toward individual members, I'm asking that from this day forward, any threads or posts calling into question aspects of both religious and non-religious beliefs be worded in a respectful manner. Any thread title or post I see that looks condescending or insulting will result in immediate editing if I think value can be saved, or deletion if I don't.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:xyzthumbs...that's the right attitude to take if you are going to have a successful forum

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Then you must also realize that people interpret scripture and history in different ways, and that what you state isn't always an absolute truth.

4. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

No ya don't. this society is anchored in positivism, the right way or the hiway, it's your choice.

5. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

Lets do as the Roman's did...

6. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

What would an orgy solve?

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

there's a place for sniping. and it's not here in this forum.

thank you hasbeens, for taking the time to clarify the purpose of this forum.

if people find no value in it, then they can move along to another forum that better suits their disposition.

i know that many folks don't post, but they do read.

8. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i think that his post was about bringing a r&r mentality over here.

9. Turbo

Turbo Freakin' Awesome

I don't see anyone taking the attitude that THEY are the last word on scripture or history.

I see this forum as one for sharing ideas and having good responses leading to good discussions. Every part of that is done with respect to the other person.

While I may disagree with Miss tery and some her attitudes, in no means do I want her to go away. I value her opinions and thoughts.

Thank you, hasbeens, for the sticky.

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I'm not trying to undermine hasbeens or the forum or whatever, but there have been times where I've felt hasbeens responds to a post and it feels like it's the last word. Maybe I'm intimidated by him.