1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

No more O line additions???

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, May 3, 2003.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

Are Fox and co done for this year? Steussie at LT, Gross at RT (Tuten &/or Fletcher?), Donnalley, Brzezinski Nelson (& James?) should have the Guard spots covered. Mitchell is entrenched at C and Nelson could back him up. That sounds like a full house and aside from improving our current depth a little at tackle (how?) I don’t see what else there is to do this year. I don’t see Mo Collins helping us now . . . maybe if he were younger.
    This year we actually seem set, however next year we will need to make a couple of adjustments (Donnalley and maybe even Steussie could be gone). I got zero info on Stuber or Reyes. Do any of you see either of them helping us at all?

2. pantherking

pantherking Say What ?

mo collins not young ? last time i checked he was not but 26 and that is young

3. rake

rake Need one of these

You are correct. He'll be 27 in Sept. But he has still had some injury issues and apparently has a hard time keeping the weight down and staying conditioned. He is also a Guard and I know plenty of you see him as a good RT for us but we just drafted our RT. Maybe Steussie exits next year and Gross would move to LT, then Collins would make more sense IF he would fit at RT (& IF we could afford him).
    One mo' time . . . anyone out there have any info or opinions on Stuber or Reyes? How 'bout James and Fletcher? Do any of you see them in our future plans?

Last edited: May 3, 2003
  4. Piper

Piper phishin member

We could use an extra tackle. depending on how they view Fletcher as a developmental RT.

I figure Nelson and Jeno are our top interior backups. Louis Williams wil have to impress to make the team and beat out Jeno.

Jeno can also play tackle, so that helps him.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think signing Mo Collins went out the window when we signed Brezenski. It really only makes sense to play Collins at guard and we have two pretty good starters at guard and Nelson will push one of them. I would love to have him too but I doubt it will happen.

6. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Maybe Fletcher. He looked good a couple plays last preseason. He's still relatively young. James may in our future, but only as a lego backup. He just doesnt have the athleticism to start, I think.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I saw where Jay Humphrey, who was our second string RT through much of camp, is in Jacksonville.

Hopefully we're not worrying about our line again for a while. There should be no reason to.

8. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

I don't see much $$ left to spend anyway. Think Fox is done for this offseason.

A+ job dude! [​IMG]